Existing Dish At New Home

harveymt

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
I am moving house and the new one already has a Sky dish installed. It looks like it's been there a while as it is fairly rusted. I have signed up as a new customer and it's due to be installed tomorrow. Will the installer put a new dish and cables in? Are they required to?

I'm not that bothered by the older dish but if there's problems down the line I don't want to be responsible for fixing them if they're due to the old dish. Or having to try and ocnvicne Sky that's the reason for it.

Any pointers?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Just have a word with the installer when he turns up, they're usually pretty good, they'll have a dish allocated for your install so it's no skin off his nose if it gets used, you'll pay for it either way.

I had an additional dish fitted when I had multi-room installed, I didn't ask for it but the second room location was too far from the existing dish to run the cables so the installed just grabbed another dish fro mthe van and fitted it up, no extra cost to me.

daveh75

harveymt said:
I am moving house and the new one already has a Sky dish installed. It looks like it's been there a while as it is fairly rusted. I have signed up as a new customer and it's due to be installed tomorrow. Will the installer put a new dish and cables in? Are they required to?

Obviously its easier/quicker for the installer to use existing dish/cabling, and that's fine so long as they check it over properly.

But you are entitled to a new dish/cabling, and one will be allocated for your install, and they are required to fit them if you request it.

Given you say its fairly rusty have them replace the lot, as the cable has probably seen better days too (it becomes porous over time with exposure to UV, and its surprising how much, and how quickly water can down the cable through capillary action)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts