Ethical Streaming?

Twill

Oct 6, 2007
Visit site
Can anyone help me understand the finer points of Family Sharing in iOS8?

I’m trying to wrap my head around how it will work for my wife and I, who have an iPhone each, with our own AppleID for each.

We want to be able to share purchases between ourselves, so we don’t have to buy an app twice to have it on both phones, but I’m not clear on what the other implications are.

presumably we’d need to set up a new AppleID that was a joint one for the two of us, linked to our joint account, so that costs were shared. But if we did that, and still wanted to be able to purchase things as individuals, how would that work?

For example, if I set up family sharing and then wanted to by myself a big-ticket TV Series from iTunes, that costs a lot, and that my wife has no interest in whatsoever, I’d want to use my own AppleID for that, since it’s not something I should be getting from our joint funds.

Hope this makes sense. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
sorry, can't help you directly, but maybe if you changed the thread title to ios8 family sharing or something, some more people might look in as Ethical streaming doesn't really tell people anything.

Twill

Oct 6, 2007
Visit site
I meant to ask about streaming royalties, and whether there were any providers who had a more ethical policy on paying royalties to small labels? I've read all the Spotify press about their policy being hard on indie artists, and thought maybe one of the more expensive services, like Tidal, might be better in this regard? Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS