Epoz AktiMate Blue

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi, anyone using there or have any input as to haow good they are.

A friend of mine is setting up a system. He asked me about a few things. In looking I came across these, and to be honest if I was starting from scratch, they'd be very high on my list due the functionality alone

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
muljao said:
Hi, anyone using there or have any input as to haow good they are.

A friend of mine is setting up a system. He asked me about a few things. In looking I came across these, and to be honest if I was starting from scratch, they'd be very high on my list due the functionality alone

Check out the review on this website. Yamaha NX-N500 also worth considering?

I had the micro of these for a few years and they where great.

Loud enough for parties and where a few years step ahead with their functionality.

Sound wise they are a bit heavy on bass and there is slight distortion heard on high volumes with high frequencies but by high volume I mean to the level where you can't have a conversation in front of them.
Also they have a narrow soundstage and can get a bit muddled but for their price, build quality and small form factor they are great. However now days there might be better stuff out there from reviews I seen Audioengine an American based company offer some of the best active speakers in that price range

Hope that helps

Also if your looking for a active speaker with Bluetooth connectivity at a good price range you may want to consider the old 30 pin iPod dock speakers which are now obsolete such as the b and w zeppelin which had great reviews at the time because you can slot in a Bluetooth transmitter on the dock. That way you can save loads of money but still have a great sounding system

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Neither the Epoz nor the Audio Engine models are active, they are regular passive speakers with bult in amplification. The Audio Engine A5+ is substantially less expensive though lacks Bluetooth, probably best used via usb driven from a computer.

As always, it depends on what your priorities are, the Actimate is a nice simple solution with built in Bluetooth but £100 more than the otherwise similar A5+. The Yamaha NX-N500 at £600 is a true active design and technically far more advanced.

The performance, in relation to the price, is as always, very much up to the buyer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts