Epos speakers

fatman

Nov 11, 2007
Visit site
I'm looking to audition some Epos Elan 10/15 standmounts and Epic 5 floorstanders. Has anyone been down this route and what worked for them and their listening environment / prefered genres?

Cheers.

roym90

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
If anyone can comment on any of those speakers, I too would be very interested. I might be looking to try some Epos reasionably soon.

Rethep

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I am a big fan of (my) Epos's. I would like some more bass but have been warned that the Epic 5 gives not really much more bass considering its size. Therefore i stay with the ES-11 for so long. The Elan is quite new so i don't know anything about it. Try and listen! Also the rather new Kef's R-series might be of your interest.

kungula

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
If this helps, in audio 9/12 there is a german review of the Epos Elan 35 which works very well with the Creek Evo 5350. You should use it in a medium to big room and also can be placed close to a wall.

A

Anonymous

Five months ago I was looking for the Elan 30. They weren't on stock so instead I auditioned the Epic 5 (later on, I purchased Elan 30s) . The main difference is the resolution, more details were retreive by the Elan 30. The Epic 5 is more wall and space friendly in contras to the Elan 30. My room is approx 5x4 metters, Elans are 30 centimeters away from the wall and the space is fool of sound, sometimes to much bass load is produced. Epic 5 is easy to possition. It is really suprising how such a large speaker goes well with the small space producing no sound distortion. In short, 15-20 square metters - Elan 15, you'll get fine resolution and real musicality. 25-30 square metters Epic 5, you'll get less detail but get the authority and fine, easy to listen loudspeaker. I prefer funky.

csq2

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Epos Epic 5 are really good speakers. A little dark sounding, but they go LOUD so it's really not an issue. Do you think the Epos would be a good upgrade for my Klipsch's? I really like my Klipsch RF-62 IIs and prefer them over the Totem Rainmakers I had before. My Klipsch are almost half the price of the Epos Epic 5, but are the Epos twice the sound???

In Hi-Fi News, it beat out all its competitors and even the more expensive Monitor Audo GX200:

REVIEW:

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f100/edge160/EposEpic5.jpg

A

Anonymous

I just received my Elan 10 speakers and am very pleased. This was an upgrade of Epos M5, which are now in another room. The Elan 10 are slightly more detailed and also have somewhat better soundstage, presentation, and depth. The big difference is in the bass when comparing with the M5. More solid and apparent in the lower frequencies that the M5 couldn't quite reach. However, both the M5 and Elan 10 are both excellent speakers, and I could easily have been happy with just the M5.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts