Epos M5 and Marantz 6002 system

William Boyd

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
Any thoughts on whether the epos M5 speakers would suit a Marantz PM/CD 6002 system? Based on comments here and in WH I'm imagining that the setup may be a bit harsh/bright and fatiguing.

I'm waiting on a NAD C 542/352 system to arrive to test with the Epos but the NAD components are only available in the titanium - which doesn't really trip my trigger and so I'm considering other options. The current deal on the Epos seems worth getting if they are a versatile speaker.

Any idea when WH will be doing a test drive of the NAD viso units? The could be a useful (though somewhat expensive) solution for what I'm after.

A

Anonymous

The Epos M5s with the Marantz combo give a very taught, driving sound. It's certainly on the lean side, so don't expect big warm wooly bass (but bass there is, agile rather than than big), but not at all harsh or fatiguing IMO. It's not particularly forgiving of crapily mastered music either. That said, I love the sound of this combo, and at the current price it's a bargain. The Epos's really benefit from about 40 hours of running in as well, which opens them up quite a bit, so don't be alarmed if they sound a bit restrictive when you first get them out of the box.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts