Epos 12i wall mount diaster

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys

I've got a Rocksan Kandy Amp/CD Player and Epos 12i speakers. I've recently moved and due to the shape of my lounge I been forced to mount the speakers on generic wall brackets. I knew this would effect the sound quality, but not quite as much as it has. There's a lot of unwanted vibration, especially when at higher volume and a lot of the clarity and depth has gone. I've gone from enjoying listening to them to picking fault and being very selective with what CD I put on. Just wondering if there's is anything that can be done to rectify this problem, or can someone recommend a speaker that would be less negatively effected by the wall mount. On the Epos the bass hole is at the rear and the distance between the back of the speaker and the wall is minimal, which I'm sure isn't helping matters.

Any help/recommendation is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Chris.

A

Anonymous

I haven't done no, but will give it a try when I get in tonight.

Thanks

Chris.

John Duncan

They keyword is vibration - I suspect you just have rubbish wall mounts (where the speaker just sits on top and is 'gripped', right?). You may wish to consider getting some which screw into the speaker (provided the back of the Epos has sufficient space to allow you to), but obviously this is irreversible.

You could consider the PMC DB1, which has wall mounting holes built in.............

A

Anonymous

I've got the best one's I could find. They cost about 25 quid but like you say the the speaker is gripped in but doesn't sit completely flat at the back. I could srew the speakers in with these mounts but am relutant to do so, especially if it fails to make much difference and I need to flog them. I'll check out the PMC DB1.

Thks

Chris.

A

Anonymous

Sounds like you have two issues going on here.

The first is the vibration issue. I'd suggest looking at something like the Target S7 or S8 wall-brackets. They would provide a stable platform and can be used with spikes to mount the speakers, so there's no hole drilling and your speakers are safe. You could also used blu-tak to attach the speakers to the brackets.

The second is an issue of the proximity of the speaker to the wall. You will get a 3dB lift in the bass region due to the boundary effect of the wall. Stuffing the ports may help, but if the speakers are hard up against the wall, it will have less effect. Still, worth a try.

If neither of these work, and your current installation is likely to be permanent, you may have to look for speakers that are a little leaner in the bass region and use the boundary effect to lift it back up.
hth
Good luck.
Gary

A

Anonymous

Cheers Guys. I think I'll give the Targets a try, and maybe put a sock in it.

TRENDING THREADS