Emotiva Amps - Has Anyone Heard Them?

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Seem to be quite popular in the US, especially their power amps. Their prices are reasonable, $1000 for a bi-wireable 600W into 8 ohm monoblock, for example.

Their XPA-3 (now out of production) was also very popular for home theatre use, to drive the front three channels, for example.

Question is how do these compare audio-wise to, say, Cyrus power amps? Entry level, Signature or Acrington (sp) Stanley vs. Man U?

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Benedict_Arnold said:
Seem to be quite popular in the US, especially their power amps.  Their prices are reasonable, $1000 for a bi-wireable 600W into 8 ohm monoblock, for example.

Their XPA-3 (now out of production) was also very popular for home theatre use, to drive the front three channels, for example.

Question is how do these compare audio-wise to, say, Cyrus power amps?  Entry level, Signature or Acrington (sp) Stanley vs. Man U?

Will have a read on this sounds good value

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
Yep. I owned the XPA-2 amp and the XDA-1 DAC. The sound quality was good, but the reliability was dissapointing. I gave up on the brand because the costs to ship the items back to Emotiva was just not worth it. But if you have a local dealer/distributor then that wouldn't be an issue.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Ajani said:
Yep. I owned the XPA-2 amp and the XDA-1 DAC. The sound quality was good, but the reliability was dissapointing. I gave up on the brand because the costs to ship the items back to Emotiva was just not worth it. But if you have a local dealer/distributor then that wouldn't be an issue.

On a scale of your grandfather's radiogram to Royal Philharmonic in your front room, how would you rate them?

I live in Texas, so returns won't be such a problem should they be needed, and I hear reliability has improved anyway. I would face the opposite problem were I to buy, say, Cyrus power amps and have to send those back to the UK in the (unlikely) event that the smoke escaped from them...

TRENDING THREADS