Electrocompaniet PI-1

Fulci

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Hello!

Has anyone heard one or has one? I have a few questions:

How much better should this be from my Brio-R? If I got one for cheap, would it be a great upgrade?

Which should be best or how much different would it be from a Nait XS or would it be better tracking down an older Leema Pulse?

Would it get along an 8200CD and my Rega RS3?

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I have not heard one personally but judging from other Electrocompaniet amplifiers that I have heard it should sound powerful with deep controlled bass with good soundstage especially the depth of the soundstage and very good instrument placing with very good control of the loudspeakers .

Some people describe them as dark sounding but this does not mean that they sound warm and cuddly ,in fact the amount of detail is superb but it is not thrust in your face and is the result of a lack of distortion in the higher frequencies .

I believe BigColz on this forum has a Electrocompaniet PI 2 for sale at a good price which is the more powerful version .

It should work well with the rest of you system but you need to have a listen for yourself to see if it is what you want :)

BigColz

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work well with those other components. I found Electro very unfussy it just sounds great. The PI - 1 got 4 star review simply because it has half the power of the PI - 2. The PI - 2 is fantastic. Mine is on on Gumtree for £1395 but i'll take £1300 and it still has 9 months warrenty and in as new condition.. They're just under £2k new. Thanks Electro :cheers:

Fulci

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
How much of an improvement would the PI-1 be from the Brio-R?

Not that I'm unhappy with it, but if the chance arrives for a great price...

L00k_C

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
BigColz said:
I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work well with those other components. I found Electro very unfussy it just sounds great. The PI - 1 got 4 star review simply because it has half the power of the PI - 2. The PI - 2 is fantastic. Mine is on on Gumtree for £1395 but i'll take £1300 and it still has 9 months warrenty and in as new condition.. They're just under £2k new. Thanks Electro :cheers:

May I ask the reason for selling it? ANy issues you did not like or found 'better' one?

Thanks

BigColz

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
L00k_C said:
BigColz said:

May I ask the reason for selling it? ANy issues you did not like or found 'better' one?

Thanks

I'm selling all my kit listed in my sig on Gumtree.. I've got an old HK amp im gonna use and get sonos in my living room set up.. I have small bedrooms in this house and wont be moving for at least 14 months so it seems stupid keeping it all. I also nee dot free up the cash as i've just bought my dream car a 89' Golf Rallye :)

I will miss it dearly especially the amp and streamer.. Both fantastic bits of kit! I've tried pretty much every high end manafacturer and Electro would be the only way i'd go other than maybe Class A but thats mega bucks.. Doesn't have that anyliticla sound of most SS amps.. Make sure you hear one before you buy anything else. The PI 2 is a large step up from PI 1 but imagine the PI 1 will be a good step up form Rega depending on speakers. The PI 2 is 120 w P/C so can drive pretty much anything with ease :cheers:

Fulci

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
If I could afford that much I would help you out but the wife wants to go to Bali next month, so no expensive hi-fi this month...

if chance comes up for a PI-1 or a Pulse for under £600 in the next few months I think I'll give it a try. If I don't lose my mind and get a NaimUniti first.

Fulci

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Also, to what other amps did you compare it with and how would you describe its sound? Is it like the upper models like the Classic line Electro described?

And how does it perform regarding timing?

TRENDING THREADS