Edge Of Darkness - Gibson pre-order cheaper on Blu-ray

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Edge Of Darkeness, Mel Gibsons latest venture on to Film & Blu-Ray

Does this count as a bargain?

The Blu-Ray is cheaper than the standard DVD ( £12.99 ) on pre-order at Play due for release on the 14th June for £11.99 Find it HERE.

mcjwalters

Apr 19, 2008
Visit site
Very poor movie save more money by getting the original BBC version starring Bob Peck for around £4-£5. Very good political thriller that is slow burning unlike Gibsons dire version.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Thankyou for the replies.

I cant argue over that as i have not seen the previous version with Bob Peck in ( im off to see him later ), is Ray Winston bad in this film too then Andrew / mcjwalters?

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. I remember watching it on TV when I was young and enjoying it. I liked the Eric Clapton soundtrack too, but haven't heard it in many years, so I'm not sure how it holds up.

A

Anonymous

Holds up brilliantly, the soundtrack. In terms of the movie vs tv series debate, in some ways the movie is better, since the tv series never really fully developed its 'Gaia' strand of the story into rigorous clarity, and this strand has been excised completely from the movie, which possibly makes for a more coherent tale. However, there's an odd listlessness to the film itself, and Jedburgh's character in particular suffers from its development's compression to suit the running time of a film. Also, Bob Peck's masterful emoting of his grief is simply not matched by Gibson, though again this could partially at least be due to the shortened running time.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Well i have pre-ordered the Gibson version & closer to the date will get the original with Bob Peck out on dvd.

Everyone has different tastes & opinions, if we all liked the the same thing life would be dull indeed. After watching, & if i consider it to be not a good film i will sell it on ebay or trade it in.

I keep those i like & tend to watch a film or 2 per day as i have around 700 ish on dvd & blu ray.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts