ebay - grrrrr

cse

Mar 3, 2008
Visit site
Sorry message didn't come out. Meant to say that I'm trying to sell some HiFi on ebay and it has attracted alot of foreign interest, but unfortunately the potential buyers don't seem to be able to make a bid as I haven't included worldwide postage rates. Has anyone experienced similar problems. This is my first time trying to sell anything by the way.

A

Anonymous

You can edit your listing to open it out to other countries if you want to - it's up to you.

Scissor_digits

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
If you're going to accept overseas bids stick to eBays list of countries to accept bids from and doublecheck postage rates at somewhere like parcelmonkey.com to ensure you quote proper P&P rates on your listing so you're not left out of pocket. Make sure you select a courier service that means the item is signed for on delivery, believe it or not there are plenty of unscrupulous individuals out there who will take delivery and then claim to PayPal they never recieved it to get their money back.

To avoid hassle you may find you're better off editing your listing to specify UK bidders only. When I listed my old speakers a gentleman from France bombarded me with a string of questions "Why is you're P&P so much?" "Can't you send the via a cheaper route?" etc. etc. Have a guess if he actually ever placed a bid.

A

Anonymous

Even I was in same situation few weeks ago and contacted the ebay customer support on chat.If your listing has bids already then you can do nothing about changing the shipping to worldwide.How ever there is a work around suggested by ebay which is not straight forward but helpful. You need to add each user whom you want to let them bid to 'Buyer Requirement Exemption List' and here are steps to do that- Go to your My eBay > Account > Site Preference. - Click the 'Show' link opposite to your Buyer Requirements. - Click the 'Edit' link. - Click the link 'buyer requirements exemption list'. - Click the link 'Add a buyer to my Buyer Requirement Exemption List' - Include the User ID of the buyer you want to be exempted and click the 'Submit' button.

Even I was in same situation few weeks ago and contacted the ebay customer support on chat.

If your listing has bids already then you could do nothing about changing the shipping to worldwide.

How ever there is a work around suggested by ebay which is not straight forward but helpful. You need to add each user whom you want to let them bid to 'Buyer Requirement Exemption List' and here are steps to do that.

- Go to your My eBay > Account > Site Preference.

- Click the 'Show' link opposite to your Buyer Requirements.

- Click the 'Edit' link.

- Click the link 'buyer requirements exemption list'.

- Click the link 'Add a buyer to my Buyer Requirement Exemption List'

- Include the User ID of the buyer you want to be exempted and click the 'Submit' button.

So any user (non UK) who want to bid on your listing need to send a message to you and you need to repeat the above for every one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts