EB Acoustics again falls short

waynebosz

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I placed an order for a single EB3 speaker back in October 19th, 2012, and as of yet to receive my speaker. Spoke many times to Richard Allen with promises to deliver it within six (6) weeks after each conversation with him. Today, I requested a refund, but Richard Allen has not responded. Interestingly, I have both a pair of the EB1's and EB2's (wait for the EB2's was over 4 months after multiple inquiries).
smiley-frown.gif

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
waynebosz said:
Hi,

I placed an order for a single EB3 speaker back in October 19th, 2012, and as of yet to receive my speaker. Spoke many times to Richard Allen with promises to deliver it within six (6) weeks after each conversation with him. Today, I requested a refund, but Richard Allen has not responded. Interestingly, I have both a pair of the EB1's and EB2's (wait for the EB2's was over 4 months after multiple inquiries).
smiley-frown.gif

..and you went back?

Richard Allen

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
waynebosz said:
Hi,

smiley-frown.gif

Just got your email. Refunded via paypal as you requested. Hope you've got a paypal account. If you haven't, Email me.

matthewpiano

Overdose said:
waynebosz said:
Hi,

smiley-frown.gif

..and you went back?

Presumably the 1s and 2s are used in a surround system and the EB3 was intended to be used as a centre speaker, maintaining tonal consistency rather than mis-matching from another brand.

michael hoy

Richard Allen said:
waynebosz said:
Hi,

smiley-frown.gif

Just got your email. Refunded via paypal as you requested. Hope you've got a paypal account. If you haven't, Email me.

Richard,

Instead of waiting to respond on here and have disgruntled customers, why can't you keep customers informed of your lead times and slippage.

I cannot see how all these issues are good for your business and reputation no matter how good your products maybe.

This is certainly putting myself off purchasing from you.

waynebosz

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Your presumption is correct. The intention was to use the single EB3 as a center channel setup, but, of course, it never happened. Any recommendations on a center channel speaker to fill the gap that will help maintain tonal consistency with the EB2's will be highly appreciative?

Neptune_Twilight

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I was looking on the EB site last night as I've always fancied trying a pair of EB1's & don't mind waiting a reasonable amount of time but it's probably the sparsest site on the net with no idea of lead times for delivery, this thread has put me off somewhat.

waynebosz

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I decided to add a KEF Q600c center speaker to fill in the center channel when listening to SACD (pcm or dsd) audio and watching movies. So far, it seamlessly complements and matches the EB2's both sonically and cosmetically (black). *good*

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Don't know why he can't employ someone part time to handle the office side, I'm sure there are some retired bods only to happy to work for say 10 hours a week for a bit of dosh.

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
This kind of business practice wouldn't occur if the people running these small companys had to face their customers in person on a more regular basis. I've just been messed around by an entirely different company online, same kind of thing though and all I can say is they're lucky I wasn't within travelling distance!

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
I think everyone has been polite about this situation. If it was me, small claims court. I have done this & every time I come up tops with just about any company. In this situation its a no brainner. Send a letter for court case you will get your money within weeks. Very easy you do the application online.

waynebosz

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi, from time to time I visit this post just to see if Richard and his business practices have improved. Apparently not! Fortunately I was reimbursed for the EB3 speaker that never arrived. Good luck all...recovering your losses.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts