Eagles: Long Road Out Of Eden

Dazmb

Aug 26, 2007
Visit site
Fantastic album. Really strong all the way through with only a few mediocre tracks. Still, not quite the same without Don Felder.

Plus I also have a Cocteau Twins and Blur 'thing' going on. Not sure why now, as I was never a huge fan first time around!

And I can't wait for the Joshua Tree remastered CD to be delivered in early December.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Dazmb"]Still, not quite the same without Don Felder.[/quote]

Feel the same here, I suppose as long as Joe Walsh still with them the guitar still be fine.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Sounds a bit too generic to me, and for some reason I keep thinking of The Hee Bee Gee
Bees' Dead Cicada. Guess I have to get it out of the car and onto the main system this weekend to give it another chance - that's unless The Faces' Five Guys... box set arrives, in which case all bets are off.

A

Anonymous

Got to admit Andrew I thought a bit like that when hearing the first cd but thought the second of the two cd's was better.

A

Anonymous

Will admit though still very disappointing after a 28 year wait.

Dazmb

Aug 26, 2007
Visit site
I disagree. It's a good solid Eagles album. Nothing too adventurous, but then it's an Eagles album so it won't be. Some say it's just cliche ridden MOR rock etc etc. But that's what they do! And do it phenomenally well too. And ok, it's not a classic like Hotel California, and doesn't have a monster tune like Ol' 55 like On The Border.

But having said all that they have done worse albums IMO. I'll take The Long Road over The Long Run anyday!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Dazmb[quote user="Dazmb"]

It's a good solid Eagles album.

[/quote]

Couldn't agree more.... a very generous helping of good old fashioned rock. Will be mostly appreciated by seasoned Eagles fans. Personal favourite tracks are 'Waiting In The Weeds' and 'I Don't Want To Hear Any More' .

TRENDING THREADS