Visit site
I seem to be getting quite a lot of rip errors/warnings like the one below

Track 11

Filename <filepath>Chapman, Tracy - Tracy Chapman - 11 - For You.wav

Suspicious position 0:03:09

Peak level 51.0 %
Track quality 99.7 %
Copy CRC 7B8A5E02
Cannot be verified as accurate (confidence 48) [BD19963A], AccurateRip returned [BEA215AE]
Copy finished

I've had this on quite a few CDs and it always seemed to be the last track. I've tried giving the CD a bit of a wipe to no avail.

Any ideas?

A

Anonymous

not sure but on a related issue (kinda)

.......Just ripped my first CD last night using EAC (FLAC) and it took almsot 1hr. Is this normal? Also when try and rip in foobar it says i need Flac.exe or something and though i tried to install it doesn't work. Currently ripping in EAC and then importing it into FOO. Why is ripping in apple lossless so quick in comparison? I love the interface/colour schemes of foo but i think its going to take some getting used to!! Burning/ripping etc seems so much easier in Winamp.

Actually, can you burn in foo without Nero??

sorry hope this isn't hijacking thread, noticed you were one of the 'tech guys so thought i'd ask. cheers!!

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Err no 20 mins max. 35 min with Testing.

You must have flac.exe installed already or you won't be able to use EAC with FLAC.

On my PC flac.exe is installed at C:program FilesFLACflax.exe. If you can't find flac.exe on your PC you can install it from here.

You need to get EAC working rather than use foobar for ripping.

Checkout my thread here. Provides a link to step by step instructions/config of EAC.

Post back with how you get on.

A

Anonymous

Thanks. I'll have go later tonight when i'm free. I just checked and i have the Flac frott end (from the website you linked) but no flac.exe in the Flac folder.

anyway i'll play around tonight and post back. Lets see if the rip times come down. Oh i should mention i'm using a laptop so maybe this is the reason for the slow slow?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
And people wonder why the simple world of iTunes is so appealing
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:And people wonder why the simple world of iTunes is so appealing
emotion-4.gif

LoL Exactly. I am a fool but I can't help it. I am going to use foo(l) bar even if it kills me!
Actually just getting to grips with it but i think there's more in it for techies. The only reason I'm using it is so I can store FLAC albums on there and rip in AAC with itunes for use with ipod

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome wrote the following post at Tue, Jun 24 2008 11:34 PM:
"And people wonder why the simple world of iTunes is so appealing"

Depends on how you look at it. Ignorance can be bliss, if it leads you to the right direction....however, Itunes smoothing over mistakes, isn't what I associate with bliss. On the other side, the convenience does appeal to me.

Million dollar question is if we can hear the difference between Itunes and EAC!?

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
emotion-4.gif

...in the same way as an all-in-one hifi I guess... Nothing is perfect without a little effort ;)

..and in the case of EAC, once the effort has been done... it's plain sailing, and no more difficult than iTunes.

(unlike having to get up every 20 minutes to swap or turn around an LP... yuuuuch!"

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
emotion-4.gif

Couldn't agree more. Put the CD on!

When someone nicks your iPod/laptop and all your music is stored then what do you do? Or it develops a problem? Both of which have happened to me. Burgled but they only took the shi*e, and left the stereo, obviously idiots.

There you go, one fine reason to keep all on hifi, it won;t get nicked as they'll just nick the gizmos.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
JoelSim:Clare Newsome:And people wonder why the simple world of iTunes is so appealing
emotion-4.gif

Couldn't agree more. Put the CD on!

When someone nicks your iPod/laptop and all your music is stored then what do you do? Or it develops a problem? Both of which have happened to me. Burgled but they only took the shi*e, and left the stereo, obviously idiots.

There you go, one fine reason to keep all on hifi, it won;t get nicked as they'll just nick the gizmos.

When i break in, I'll know exactly what I'm looking for. (dont worry, I'll leave all the cables) ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts