Dynaudio Focus 110 Vs Linn Majik 109

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I am in the market for stand mount speakers. I have the Linn Majik DSI and i Demo'd a few speakers last week. By far the one that stood out was the Dyn 110's. Worked very well with the DSI. Bass was controlled and not over powering. Very sweet treble and mid range. Timing was excellent and i could have listened for hours on end quite happily!

The problem is that the Dynaudio's need a lot of space behind them and in my room that is not an option! One and a half feet from the back wall max!

The other thing is i have read really good things about the Linn Majik 109 speakers and these are ment to work especially well with the DSI. Trouble is no dealers up my way to demo! Has anyone had a chance to listen to both?

Regarding the dynaudio's would the bass port bungs be an option as they would be closer to the wall or would this take away to much of the control of the bass?

Any advise will be helpful.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

My only comment would be to avoid using bass port bungs. By plugging them you will change the tonal balance of the speaker away from how the designer intended it to sound.

A

Anonymous

Thanks igglebert.

So has anyone heard the Majik 109's and how would they compare?

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts