Dynaudio Excite

A

Anonymous

Here's a small bump, I'd be very interested in reading some impressions also. The X16 looks appealing in perticular, and if the sound is to my liking it might very well be my next speaker. I'm going to listen to them as soon as I have time.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the teaser Clare, how does that compare to B&W685 which is at similar price point ? I have only heard 685s and wanted them to front my home theater setup but now having secnd thoughts ! Some more info pls .....

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Not the same price-point, i'm afraid - B&W 685s are £380; Dynaudio Excite X12s are £600. That puts them in territory of, say, Tannoy's Revolution Signature DC4s.

A

Anonymous

ok, in euros 685s are 600 for a pair, Excites 780 and Tannoys 900 euros. If I may ask are Excites only good for home cinema as my dealer says ?

A

Anonymous

many thanks Clare, I am surprised and happy you are not afraid to share the info although the review is in next issue. Count me as one buyer for sure !

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
That's great. Have you tested them with a Marantz PM6002/Rotel RA-04 ? I ask this because the audience line was a bit hard to drive, they needed lots of watts. They say the excite line should be a bit easier to drive.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
This is a message from someone who works at dynaudio ;

Sorry for all of the individual posts
but obviously the release of the info on the Excite series is keeping
me very busy. The Excite series will be officially designated as 4 Ohms
but is actually more like 6 Ohms and will have a very linear imedance
curve like all Dynaudio products. These speakers will be most certainly
easier to drive than the Audience series that they replace and will
also be quite a bit better in all performance aspects as well. These
are all new drivers that have been in development for quite some time
and although the cabinets of the Excite series don't look like they are
much of a departue from the Audience they are considerably thinner in
their frontal profile with a nice beveled edge around the edge of the
baffle. What is most obvious though is that there are only 5
models(actually 6 counting the 42Sat) down from the 11 in the Audience
series. What many of you have come to expect from us is that we only
replace or update a line when we have been able to develope drivers
that will considerably increase performance over the line that we are
replacing and as usual we have done that with Excite. Excite will be
available here in the U.S in about 6 weeks.

Remember, it is all about the music not the sound!

Mick Tillman

Dynaudio N/A

Hi Fi Decision

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I borrowed the Dynaudio Excite X16 standmount speaker for a home test. Build quality is cheap feeling. The sound isn't bad for the money - £890. Very strong sense of rythm with these speakers. Easy to listen to but not particularly exciting - no pun intended. They are not a patch on the Jamo D830's (Concert 8) I already own which have much greater detail, realism....well everything really. The build quality is in another dimension. But I guess they were £1500 in 2002. However you can pick up a pair of the Jamo's second hand for around £500-600. I'd do that over the excite.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
Dynaudio speakers can sound a litte bit boring......I've read that in a lot of reviews. When a speaker is called 'excite' it should at least be exciting to listen to them......don't you think ?
emotion-1.gif

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
'Excite' can mean 'agitate' just as easily as it can mean 'arouse' - so I think it's a pretty brave move.

I wouldn't call the X12s boring - and it's not a word that applies to the X32 floorstanders that we've tested for the October issue.

A

Anonymous

hey Clare I just picked up the August issue here in the states for the Excite review but don't see it. There's a Confidence C1 but no Excite. Am I missing something?

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
"Ideally, we'd like a little more rigour - the X12s don't find it hard
to reveal detail, but they can struggle to organise it effectively"

This is taken from the review. Does this have much effect on the overal listening experience ?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
To confirm, the August issue has the Dynaudio Confidence C1 review; the September issue has the review of the Dynaudio Excite X12. You can also read the test here.

We've also tested the floorstanders for our next issue - out in the UK on 21st August.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Cypher:
"Ideally, we'd like a little more rigour - the X12s don't find it hard
to reveal detail, but they can struggle to organise it effectively"

This is taken from the review. Does this have much effect on the overal listening experience ?

All depends on how you like your music served up (and what your partnering components are). There are more detailed speakers around at this price point (like the Leema Xeros we flag up in the "Also Consider' column of the review), but then they won't give you the scale the Dynaudios offer for the money.

This is why auditioning, ideally with your own electronics but certainly with your favourite music, is so crucial.

Peter Larsen

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone else tested these speakers. Or any at this forum own them? Are they really great?

ÿI have been thinkg about pairing them with my Cambridge Audio 740A.ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts