Dynaudio Excite X32s driven by a Nait XS?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can anybody advise if it would be a good option to drive X32s with the new Nait XS?

Im looking to buy a new amp and speakers and after reading reviews these are looking fairly good, although I'm not sure if I am being too optimistic to think this Naim amp can handle driving the Excites easily.

Any advice would be appreciated  :)

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Hellrun:
Can anybody advise if it would be a good option to drive X32s with the new Nait XS?

Im looking to buy a new amp and speakers and after reading reviews these are looking fairly good, although I'm not sure if I am being too optimistic to think this Naim amp can handle driving the Excites easily.

Any advice would be appreciated :)

I can't help with regards to the speakers but the Naim is an excellent amplifier. I prefer it to the Supernait and it would be my choice at that price. I'd certainly try and build a system around it even if it means to choose different speakers should the Dynaudios be a bad match. I recently had a dem with it and left very impressed after a couple of hours, not something that happens often. Naims CD5x, even though expensive, completes a superb system.

A

Anonymous

drummerman, may I ask what speaker setup/s you demo'd with the XS and what your impressions were about the combination?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I used some Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearls. Bought them new/boxed for a few pounds some months ago as a stop gap after selling my previous system. They discontinued making them some ten or so years ago though. Made a very good match so I never changed them during the dem, well I forgot as I was to busy listening to music.

The system just made very involving music. Nothing distracts, everythings there. Very rythmic. I think AndrewEverard/Contributing Editor did test the XS with some Neat Motive's in a recent gramophone edition and seemed to think they've matched good if I remember correctly.

Also consider AVI's ADM9.1's. Active speakers with built-in pre-amp and DAC. Remote control. Although they don't sound like the Naim's they do other things better and are only around £1.2k. Superb clarity and power, not fatiguing at all.

Let us know how you get on.

A

Anonymous

I've heard that ProAc's and PMC's are a nice combination for XS...

caddyhound

Feb 26, 2009
Visit site
I demoed some X32's last week driven by a Primare i30 integrated.They were put on as a surprise whilst I was demoeing some PMC floorstanders.They sounded very good,highly detailed with very surprising bass.The Primare amp seemed to go particularly with them.I bought FB1i's as a rear port wouldn't work in my speaker space but I was impressed by the combination.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts