Dynaudio Emit M20 Speakers

Dom

I have ordered the Dynaudio Emit M20 speakers from Audio T because I think they really kick ass IMO. I am really excited about buying my first set of speakers, chosen because of auditions. 5 in total at Audio T and Richer Sounds. Including the Dali Opticon 2 and Roksan TRS5. It's hard to describe why I chose them. I can only hope they sound this way at home. After talking to Audio T, I no longer use any conditioners or surge protectors. I listened to the Mezzo 6's at home and they sound bad, After rearranging my speakers and TV away from the windows and into the corner of the room, I'm much happier. One thing that bother's me is the stands. They are the show room stands and cost £190. I'm not sure if I can change them now.

Dom

Here goes.

These have no gloss or mush. They are addictive, with loads of detail. They fill a hole between the low and mid that other's don't have.

I think there going to be good for both movies and music.

The more expensive floorstander (£1600 Rega RX5) had a more precise/steadier and glossier sound.

K

keeper of the quays

DomCheetham said:
Here goes.

These have no gloss or mush. They are addictive, with loads of detail. They fill a hole between the low and mid that other's don't have. 

I think there going to be good for both movies and music.

The more expensive floorstander (£1600 Rega RX5) had a more precise/steadier and glossier sound.

good choice..dynaudio fine speakers..i have a couple of pairs knocking around somewhere! Dyn tweeters are special!

Dom

Well I got them set up. There pretty good, glad I got them. There detailed and fun speakers and I think there wicked.

Going to watch a movie to hear how they do.

DnvTTB5FxqjNqa6fUjUcfg-DYN_Logo_white_2015_600.png

DomCheetham said:
I have ordered the Dynaudio Emit M20 speakers from Audio T because I think they really kick ass IMO. I am really excited about buying my first set of speakers, chosen because of auditions. 5 in total at Audio T and Richer Sounds. Including the Dali Opticon 2 and Roksan TRS5. It's hard to describe why I chose them. I can only hope they sound this way at home. After talking to Audio T, I no longer use any conditioners or surge protectors. I listened to the Mezzo 6's at home and they sound bad, After rearranging my speakers and TV away from the windows and into the corner of the room, I'm much happier. One thing that bother's me is the stands. They are the show room stands and cost £190. I'm not sure if I can change them now.

What cable did you use to hook these up? I have a Denon AVR 2200W and not sure how these would work? It looks like a dif. cable lead on the speakers compare to the back of the Denon?

Dom

Maciej Kopec said:
DomCheetham said:

What cable did you use to hook these up? I have a Denon AVR 2200W and not sure how these would work? It looks like a dif. cable lead on the speakers compare to the back of the Denon?

I am using Chord Silver Screen I think, there 5 years old and I can't remember the name. I don't think you will have any problem.

DomCheetham said:
Maciej Kopec said:
DomCheetham said:

I am using Chord Silver Screen I think, there 5 years old and I can't remember the name. I don't think you will have any problem.

That's just a regular red and black cable though isn't it? Looking at the pic of the M10, it looks like a RA cable. Or am I wrong

http://images.cdn.whathifi.com/sites/whathifi.com/files/styles/big-image/public/brands/Dynaudio/dynaudio_emit_m10_05.jpg?itok=RNO64MRH

Dom

Maciej Kopec said:
DomCheetham said:
Maciej Kopec said:
DomCheetham said:

That's just a regular red and black cable though isn't it? Looking at the pic of the M10, it looks like a RA cable. Or am I wrong

http://images.cdn.whathifi.com/sites/whathifi.com/files/styles/big-image...

I don't know what RA cable is. Anyway I use banana plugs.

Zax89swe

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi. I'm in need of advice for my stereo setup, Is it worth going from Monitor audio Bronze 2 to Dynaudio emit m20, I actually really like the sound from the bronzes but those will went back to a home theater setup. Should I buy an other pair and maybe a subwoofer or go with the more expensive dynaudios to get even better sound? My amp is Rega elex r and the speakers gonna be placed nearfield on a computer desk.

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Zax89swe said:
Hi. I'm in need of advice for my stereo setup, Is it worth going from Monitor audio Bronze 2 to Dynaudio emit m20, I actually really like the sound from the bronzes but those will went back to a home theater setup. Should I buy an other pair and maybe a subwoofer or go with the more expensive dynaudios to get even better sound? My amp is Rega elex r and the speakers gonna be placed nearfield on a computer desk.
excellent match for your amp but these have a different sounds to your ma's so a demo would be best.for me it's a no brainier should be a match made in heaven.

gasolin

Zax89swe said:

You will be fine with a pair of Emit M20, since they are 4 ohm you will have just over 100 watt that the speaker can use, since the sensitivity is low, 100 watt or more is minimum when you want to play loud

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts