Dynaudio Emit M10 between loud and party level

gasolin

I sometimes turn off my ref level on my soundcard, the ref level is so you can adjust different gain from 2 different inputs so they match, in my case my pc and cdplayer, wondered why the sound was about the same with the ref level off as it was on

My level,gain is about the same from my pc/cplayer and it matches okay with my turntable, gain,level is adjusted so it's loud at 12 0'clock on my amp from all sources, i noticed that i had turned on dim that didn't gave me full level,gain when the wolume knob on my sound card was on/active and at zero, lowered the volume and turned off dim, now i could get max gain level, max power from my amp

DSC09859.jpg

Then i tried to play some songs a bit loud, like hotel california the live version, i have 6 ohm 86 db speakers, it was loud but not alot louder then i was used to with the volume knob at 12 0'clock an levels/gain matched

I don't need more power,but i wondered why it didn't sounded alot louder, mabye the sensitivity was a bit lower then the rated 86db, i often see speakers that not always has the high sensitivity they are rated at, what i was used to is 89-90 db sensitive speakers and a small 2x45-50 watt in 8 ohm amp, but that isn' a hughed difference compared to 86 db and about 2x85 watt in 6 ohm

My Dynaudio Emit M10's are rated at 150 watt (they seem to be able to handle 85 watt fine), how much power is really needed for a level between loud and party level?

Mabye my 2x85 watt sound so clean and controlled with my speakers compared to amps that might distort a bit more and with less control over my speakers, that my combination only sounds clean and controlled

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts