Dynaudio Contour S1.4 with Primare / Naim XS or ?

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi - I recently got these speakers. They are sounding great. My Marantz PM-11 is good to go but since I have started the ball rolling, I thought I will take an opinion from the experts here for any further improvements

Current Setup:

Speakers - Dynaudio Contour S1.4 (These are keepers); Amp - Marantz - PM11S1 with Musical Fidelity DAC M1;

I feel that the setup is less musical more analytical and I attribute it possibly to Marantz. I plan to retain the speakers. Is there any amp that you think I could bring in here? I would prefer an Amp with DAC (like SuperNait) under 2500 Pounds but I am also looking at Primare i30 and retain the DAC.

I would still be downgrading if I switch from Marantz PM-11S1 (which is a > 3000 pounds amp) to Primare purely based on price wise but at the end of the day isn't it all about the collective integration of the entire system rather than the individual brilliance of each component?

Any thoughts here? Look forward to read some good recommendations from your experience

PS: I recently helped my GF with a HK3490 (amp with DAC) + B&W 601S3. Though most of it is used but at about 400 pounds the system sounds great with a Mac. In a way, I am jealous of the Value for Money she is getting with her set up This also makes me think more about Amp with DAC

A

Anonymous

Hi,

There is a new Primare i32 coming out very soon which has the possibility of a build-in dac, netwerok and streaming functionality. Maybe that is something for you. More info on the Primare website.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
They need a UK distributor first...
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

hi guys,..
its very great informative link shared here useful one for many others who needs this kind of stuff,.
i appreciate this effort,..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts