dvd ratio help please - bars round 4 sides

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
i just sat down to watch scream on dvd through my tosh hdep35 - through an 876 and on to a projector - when the image is displayed it has black bars round all 4 side even thought its a 2.35:1 movie

when i place the movie in the ps3 through same amp and projector it displays correctly black bars just top and bottom - everything seems to be set up fine and can't seem to sort it - prob missing something really obvious - any ideas?

with thanks

A

Anonymous

The only obvious thing I can think of is that your Tosh is set to output to 4:3....

A

Anonymous

Does this happen with other DVDs? I ask because I own a couple of DVDs which, although presented in widescreen format, were not encoded anamorphically. this meant that my DVD player and TV displayed the picture in letterbox format in 4:3! This meant the picture had quite wide bars all around.

The discs in question were 'Withnail & I' and 'The Thing'. The re-release of 'Withnail' a few years ago fixed this but to my knowledge there is still no properly-encoded region 2 release of 'The Thing'.

TRENDING THREADS