Dull HDR picture on Samsung 55KS7000

umbucker

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
I am happy with the picture on standard 4K material but as soon as there is HDR content the picture looks dull or smokey. The contrast ratio is clearly more impressive but the picture is not what you would call'glossy' I take it the settings for HDR are completley diferent ? Can these be set speraretly than the main settings.

Maybe the HDR dull look is actually correct and I have been viewing material with wrong settings for many years ?

D

Deleted member 2457

umbucker said:
I am happy with the picture on standard 4K material but as soon as there is HDR content the picture looks dull or smokey. The contrast ratio is clearly more impressive but the picture is not what you would call'glossy' I take it the settings for HDR are completley diferent ? Can these be set speraretly than the main settings.

Maybe the HDR dull look is actually correct and I have been viewing material with wrong settings for many years ?
Which 4k Blu-ray player you got?

D

Deleted member 2457

umbucker said:
No blue ray - Watching Amazon Prime / Netflix - Only HDR looks dull
I know that 4K Blu ray is suppose to be better, could give that a try? What settings are you using? Your TV is 1000 nits so should be quite bright. HDR is quite funny, when I rotate between HDR on and off on my Oppo, some of the differences are not quite what I expected but comparing the two, it does look better. I haven't tried Netflix or Prime though sorry.

D

Deleted member 2457

Some of the colours look stronger or Blu-ray for example but then 4K looks much natural and pleasing on the eye. Where I used to think it was the other way around and found it dull too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts