Dts Hd Master Audio

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello my set up consists of the onkyo SR605 receiver the kef 3005se speakers and 1080p lcd. hdmi cables connected from blu ray player and ps3 to amp then hdmi out to tv. The problem i have is i can not select dts hd master audio on the amp. I have fantastic 4 rise of the silver surfer which has dts hd master audio capabilites but not sure how to get the amp to decode it. If anyone can give me a step by step in to getting this to work would really appreciate it.. Do i need to use a 7.1 speaker set up or can i use 5.1 to obtain the dts hd m/a setting...Please help!!!!!!!!! Thanks

nads

you do not need to have the 2 extra speakers. you just need to either set the player to decode the track or the amp to do it. Is the question more to do with getting the amp to say DTS MA rather than PCM or.....

Mickgw

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
I'm getting my Pioneer LX 01 to display DTS-HD Mstr, but i myself am not a master at this sort of stuff.

Does anyone know if you select PCM or Bitstream on the the HD DVD player, i think i've read that if you select PCM that is un compressed sound and is better when my amp decodes it.

nads

[quote user="Mickgw"]I'm getting my Pioneer LX 01 to display DTS-HD Mstr, but i myself am not a master at this sort of stuff.

Does anyone know if you select PCM or Bitstream on the the HD DVD player, i think i've read that if you select PCM that is un compressed sound and is better when my amp decodes it.[/quote]

try this
the players settings need to be.

Digital Out SPDIF---> Bitstream

Digital out HDMI---->Auto

Digital Direct Audio Mode----->On

Dynamic Range Control------>Off

Dialog Enhancement------>Off it is what i have my ex1 set o

A

Anonymous

Is the PS3 your BD player? As it does not decode DTS HD MA.

A

Anonymous

so does my blu ray player need to be able to decode dts hd master audio as well as the receiver for it to work.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Nope, basically, if both can do it, you can set either to do it depending on which has the better decoder. If you want the receiver to do it, you should set the HDMI digital out to Bitstream.

A

Anonymous

What???????there is no setting on the receiver to set the hdmi digital out to bitstream not that i can see.

Also its just the receiver that can decode dts hd master audio NOT the blu ray player...On the blu ray player it sates the following on the front of the machine...Dts Dolby Digital Plus & Dolby True HD

A

Anonymous

hi mate. i have just watched this film!! the ps3 cannot currently send raw itsream data to a capable receiver. best you will get is the core dts sound until sony update via a firmware update but it may never happen. so you might never hear dts-ma with a s3. new panny decks will work as will the pioneer player. with the ps3 always use linear pcm if poss by changing bd settings to linear pcm on ps3

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Sorry, didn't make myself particularly clear!

First of all, I'm assuming your Blu-Ray player is not a PS3 since you state you have a Blu-Ray player and a PS3. Therefore, on your Blu-Ray player, you set the HDMI sound output as Bitstream. This means it outputs the sound through the HDMI cable as it's stored on the disc to the receiver. The receiver then gets this signal and should recognise it for whichever format it is in e.g. Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, PCM, Dolby Digital etc. etc. and this should then decode it and display the format it's decoding on the receiver. If this isn't happening, then I'm not sure what's going on - maybe someone with an Onkyo 605 amp can confirm?

If you are using the PS3 as your Blu-Ray player, then quasibongo is correct and there is no way of currently getting DTS-HD Master Audio data to your receiver. In this case, your only option is to use another soundtrack from the disc e.g. most also come with the normal DTS 5.1 soundtracks as well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts