DSi question re Flipnote Studio.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
My two pre-teen youngers have DSis.

I've recently allowed them to connect to the 'net, via which they have downloaded and use Flipnote Studio.

I see that on Flipnote Studio they can view animations and creations uploaded by other people, as well as their own creations.

How worried should I be that they will be open to view inappropriate content, e.g.: 'adult'-themed animations and soundclips?

Thanks a lot...sorry if it's a daft question, but I am a numbskull when it comes to how that kind of online community is controlled.

Mr. Iceman

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
Very valid concern you have there MajorFubar, I have had having similar worries about my now teenage son.

Flipnote help webpage (http://flipnote.hatena.com/help/other#contact) does not suggest there is proactive monitoring of individual notes' contents, but relies on users to report inappropriate content. Which is all well and good but that means that someone would have to see the content first to be able to assess its suitability, which is not desirable. It's still good though, and it is highly likely that someone else will report it and mods have the contents removed before your kids can see it.

If you still worry, I would suggest discussing the (potential) issue with the kids and allowing them to view only contents from users known to them, just to be on the safe side and avoid any nasty surprises. Then again, this could be an overkill and defeat the object of what appears to be an innocent sharing community.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts