Drool on this - 103 inch plasma costing US$111K!!!

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Why if you were in the market for a 103" plaz would you want the B&O one over the Panasonic one at less money? Come to think of it surely if you had a House big enought to fit this kind of screen into then you would have a Projector?
emotion-18.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Maybe because only the panel is a Panasonic, and everything else is B&O, such as the continuous calibration, the massive stand that raises it from 'park' up to viewing height, the sound system...

Oh, and of course there's also the B&O system integration, which will sell it to many a well-heeled existing owner.

And yes, Mr Thelch, it was first mentioned in this blog post, back in November...

A

Anonymous

Oops! I must have missed that news on this site.

Will B&O be providing WHF with a review unit of this beast? It will be interesting to see how the B&O version measures up against the Panasonic version of this TV.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Last I heard, given that the B&O weighs 500kg, the company wasn't planning to ship out review samples, but was going to arrange some viewing sessions at its own location for those interested.

Of course, we won't be giving test results or stars based on such an assessment.

A

Anonymous

Why not? Because you won't be able to tweak the settings?

I read the article about the visit to the B&O facilities - seems quite impressive indeed.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
seakingadvice:Why not? Because you won't be able to tweak the settings?

I read the article about the visit to the B&O facilities - seems quite impressive indeed.

Yes, but we never test in a manufacturer's facilities, only in the rooms here at WHFSV Towers.

al7478:This made me laugh.

An awful lot.

Not entirely sure why. We asked to have a review sample delivered, and that was the reason B&O gave for its plan to let us have a look at it at its premises.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:I think I'd rather buy a 3 chip DLP Runco with anamorphic lens. Or a Mitsubishi HC7000, a Yamaha R1, and a used Lamborghini LP400S.

emotion-21.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
al7478:No no no, just the fact of how much it weighs made me laugh.

Ah right. I think that's possibly because it has half an A380 nosewheel assembly built-in. Almost...

TRENDING THREADS