Drive Belts for CD10

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have an old CD10 that has done me proud over the years. Only thing is the drive belts have perished and this has rendered it unuseable. I have it in for repairs but the shop are having difficulty locating new belts. I have emailed Marantz but they can not be bothered to respond (worth noting for any future purchases). I have even emailed Phillips as I know they made the drive and they managed to respond the same day (also worth noting). Unfortunately Phillips were unable to help me. Anyone have any idea where I can source them?

Thanks

Craykie

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Try,

Sound System Technology
Unit 7 Bentinck Court
Bentinck Road
West Drayton
Middlesex
UB7 7RQ

Tel: 01895 422244.

They are Marantz official UK repair agent, you can deal direct.

Good luck.
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks very much for that. I have spoken to them and they are going to see what they can do.

Fingers crossed!

Paul

Singslinger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Hello Craykie - could you inform us of the outcome? I too have a Marantz CD10 that will soon need servicing...

Thanks Shooter69 for the info, I'm also keeping my fingers crossed!

A

Anonymous

First thing I need to do is set the record straight and eat humble pie!

I sent a stroppy message to Marantz via their web form on Friday. Today I received an email from Marantz product support D&M Audiovisaul Ltd stating that they did not receive my earlier message and have suggested that I might have had browser issues when I filled the web form in. This is quite likely as we are having internet issues at work at the moment. I have, for the record, apologised for casting aspersions! They have provided me with the name of their authorised parts supplier, as follows:

Charles Hyde and Sons
1 Halifax Way
Pocklington Industrial Estate
Pocklington
York
YO42 1NR

Tel: 01759 303068
Fax:01759 303620

Web site: www.charleshyde.co.uk

I have phoned them and they can provide the drive belts (they have two in stock and will need to order the rest). Total price for a complete set of replacement drive belts, including VAT and postage, £22.30.

I did try the authorised repairer recommended by Shooter69 on Saturday and they were already looking into it for me but I might as well stick with Charles Hyde (I have let them know).

So all's well that ends well and lesson learnt ie stop being so demanding Craykie and accept that the internet can let us down from time to time!

Craykie

Gyp

Dec 17, 2007
Visit site
Any updates on how the belt replacements went and the longevity of the repair?

I replaced mine a while back and the fault soon returned. I'm wondering if the "sticky" problem that CD 10s suffer from causes the belts to sretch as they mobilise the mechanism

(see http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/marantz-cd-10-%C2%A3375-versus-modern-%C2%A3400-cd-playeer)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts