downsizing with active speakers and possibly audiolab 8200cdq??

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I will possibly looking to down size in near future and as in previous post will certainly be looking at marantz cr 603 but have also recently been thinking about either an audiolab 8200cdq and actives. I still do not want to spend a fortune here so any help with which speakers will go with the cdq would be great. ive read the dynaudio mc 15which sound greatbut would have fancied more power. an alternative would be to keep my cd player and preamp and get actives to go with those all help appreciated guys

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
hi pp sorry for taking so long to get back. Im not really sure on budget i guess it depends which way round i do things though i have to say my ideal system wld be the audiolad cdq with some actives though wld not want to spend more than a grand on speakers maybe 5 to 6 hundred

A

Anonymous

Get over to a pro audio shop and see what you can try out. Apparently the Mackie MR8 are very good value and performance, with 8inch drivers and a good frequency response. The MR5 is the smaller 5inch version. They look good too.

Soopafly49

May 8, 2010
Visit site
audioaddict said:
hi pp sorry for taking so long to get back. Im not really sure on budget i guess it depends which way round i do things though i have to say my ideal system wld be the audiolad cdq with some actives though wld not want to spend more than a grand on speakers maybe 5 to 6 hundred
Also interested in the cdq but with power amp.I see thta you have 2 monoblocks in your current system which is what ive been looking at. How do you find it? have you trie it with just the one power amp and if so how much different was it

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
hi thanks guys. as for having mono blocs ive found the detail and separation far better than any intergrated or pre power ive owned highly recommended

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
Have a look at Dynaudio BM5As or Mackie HR624s, both within your budget and very good. Try to get a listen to several makes though. It's also worth trying to seek out a deal on some ex dem models, you might even get a pair of BM6As or HR824s. Adam also do some highly regarded monitors within your budget.

A sub could always be added later if necessary, but all of the speakers mentioned should be fine for most listening.

Another thing to bear in mind is that when you sell your equipment, you will offset a lot of the cost, unless of course, you have already factored that into your budget.

T

the record spot

plastic penguin said:
audioaddict said:
hi thanks guys. as for having mono blocs ive found the detail and separation far better than any intergrated or pre power ive owned highly recommended

There you go. Sorted. Go and buy some PMC DB1is and the world is your lobster...;)

Well it will be if the actives don't do it for him. I mean, two power amps and all the attendant cabling...good on you if you like that sort of thing of course.

Soopafly49

May 8, 2010
Visit site
audioaddict said:

Thanks. Will have to audition them and see.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts