doubts about DACMAGIC

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I
will have benefits in sound quality when connecting a digital cable
source to DacMagic, and it passes the sound through the digital outputs
that it has to AMP via another digital cable?

or he just simply replaced the sound just like he receives, without adding quality to music?

thanks and all the best!

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
lipe:I
will have benefits in sound quality when connecting a digital cable
source to DacMagic, and it passes the sound through the digital outputs
that it has to AMP via another digital cable?

or he just simply replaced the sound just like he receives, without adding quality to music?

thanks and all the best!

Your English is better than my Spanish/Italian but I cannot work out exactly what you are asking. One thing for sure is that the DacMagic connects to the source with digital cable but to the amp you want analogue cables.

A

Anonymous

yes of course ... on the CD have no doubt. but then and the digital outputs that have the DAC? for what purpose they serve? for
example ... my laptop has a digital output (OPT), and it is there that
I actualy hear the music I have in digital format, as well as the DVD is going
through a 5.1 cable digital sound films. both digitally connected to my AV receiver.

I
wanted to know was whether it connects to the DAC via digital cable to
my laptop and my dvd, and the DAC, go call my AMP also via digital
cable (DAC output), if I have improvement in sound, or if it than merely pass through the sound.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
lipe:yes of course ... on the CD have no doubt. but then and the digital outputs that have the DAC? for what purpose they serve? for
example ... my laptop has a digital output (OPT), and it is there that
I hear the music I have in digital format, as well as the DVD is going
through a 5.1 cable digital sound films.

I
wanted to know was whether it connects to the DAC via digital cable to
my laptop and my dvd, and the DAC, go call my AMP also via digital
cable (DAC output), if I have improvement in sound, or if it than merely pass through the sound.

Every digital source you have goes into the DacMagic through a digital cable. For instance, laptop - digital optical to DAC. DVD player - digital coaxial to DAC. However, the DAC must be connected to the amp by analogue cables, either RCA or XLR. You will for sure get an improvement in sound. What amp and speakers do you have? And what format are your music files on your laptop?

A

Anonymous

then what is the purpose of the digital outputs of the DAC?

and how can I have the 5.1 dvd connected to the DAC if the sound will come out of a DAC for analog cable?

have the MA RX6 brand new, an AV receiver pioneer 918, pioneer and a DVD 610.

and I'm looking for a stereo amplifier only for music that matches perfectly with the RX 6.

thanks for help

A

Anonymous

The digital output just puts out the same signal that's put in. You can use it to route your digital sources to a digital recorder, or to split the signal from your digital source between two different systems (for instance, using another DAC/amp for a 'zone 2')

Otherwise there's no use in connecting the DAC to another DAC. If you connect the digital output of the DacMagic to the digital input of an A/V receiver, it's the receiver's DAC that process the signal.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
You DON'T connect the DVD player to the DAC, keep that going straight to the AMP, so it can do the 5.1 decoding.

For all stereo (2 channel) sources (ie CD player or laptop), use the DAC, if you think it improves the sound compared to putting them straight into the Amp. If the Amp sounds better then I guess you don't need the DAC.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts