Dolby Prologic IIz

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I understand that this sound format requires two extra speakers at the front and of course the appropriate AV amp (Haven't decided yet which one)

I have the Bose acoustimass 15 speaker set up and I've been told that you can't buy just two extra Bose speakers on their own.

So.....could I just connect two decent non-bose satelites to the amp and expect it to sound OK given that the remaining speakers/sub will be connected to the acoustimass bass module?

Thanks for any comments.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Yes
emotion-1.gif

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
......although from my reading of various reviews of PLIIz the jury is still out regarding its worth. Are you certain that your hard-earned cash wouldn't be better spent on a superior-sounding(?) amp without this feature?

A

Anonymous

i always thought, and have been told that Dolby PLIIz is a pretty basic sound? i always make sure my denon 2310 outputs true HD or DTS-HD master Audio. i could be wrong.

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
Dolby PLIIz is a new form of processing which uses two extra speakers mounted above the font pair to (hopefully) give an illusion of height. Note - as with other forms of Pro Logic processing, this information is not carried on the original soundtrack. It's the amp which conjures up the effect.

Some people have enjoyed the sensation of PLIIz, preferring it to the extra rear channels utilized in a PLIIx set-up. They have also reported that the positioning of the extra speakers is quite critical and it makes music sound rather strange.

This new processing was first introduced on the Onkyo TX-SR607 and is now available on the new Denon amps and some from Marantz. It's new rather than "pretty basic" and IMHO the money spent on adding two extra speakers might be used better in some cases. Just my opinion........

A

Anonymous

I hear where you're coming from Sorreltiger. I did not realise that it was a conjured up effect and would have to be selected on the amp instead of say DTS.

I'll not bother.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts