Does your family get a say in hifi purchases?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

I'd go nuts if I was told what I could or couldn't buy, why go to work if you can't enjoy the fruits of your labour?. Common guys lets see a bit of a rebellious spirit!!

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
silly:I'd go nuts if I was told what I could or couldn't buy, why go to work if you can't enjoy the fruits of your labour?. Common guys lets see a bit of a rebellious spirit!!

More difficult when I have 2 kids...but I have managed to wangle it so far.

Mind you it helped when her DJ mate came round and said it was blinding...one half of Sancho Panza who play Carnival every year amongst other thingsÿ

ÿ

A

Anonymous

igglebert:It never ceases to amaze me how society 'allows' television to be on in the lounge by default but hifi has to be by exception. At least, that's the way I see it happen. Hifi is a nuisance that gets some air time but then the TV is the immediate default when I'm done. Personally one of my compromises has been having a TV at all as if it was my house alone then I'd only have an ickle one in the kitchen.

Couldn't agree more - except the bit about the TV in the kitchen, taking up valuable space where the new Denon M37 could go...

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
bouverie:
igglebert:It never ceases to amaze me how society 'allows' television to be on in the lounge by default but hifi has to be by exception. At least, that's the way I see it happen. Hifi is a nuisance that gets some air time but then the TV is the immediate default when I'm done. Personally one of my compromises has been having a TV at all as if it was my house alone then I'd only have an ickle one in the kitchen.

Couldn't agree more - except the bit about the TV in the kitchen, taking up valuable space where the new Denon M37 could go...

Nah, Arcam solo mini or lots of wire and some extra speakers.

ÿ

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
chebby:JoelSim:Nah, Arcam solo mini or lots of wire and some extra speakers.mmmm.. I think one of those Meridian F80's for the kitchen.

Forgive me, but I can't see how a little thing like that can give the same as a pair of great speakers...style over substance, laws of physics etc

ÿ

A

Anonymous

chebby, love the Quarr Abbey series and so does everyone else reading the comments and the invites to top 100 everything ! Thought about marketing them ? Always buyers for excellence you know ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts