Does the Rel Q50 still cut the mustard?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am setting up a home cinema, on a tight budget, not sure if I really need a sub, however if I was looking at a cheap one, would the Q50 be a good place to start?

A

Anonymous

I have a REL Q50 and find it perfectly adequate for what I need. I also had a sensible budget but wanted a decent sound for not crazy money - I had a rubbish Eltax sub that I bought for 4 years ago and have struggled to justify to the Mrs upgrading.

For an 8 years old Sub (I bought 2nd hand around 2 months ago) it sounds great - it looks great and better still you can usually find one on ebay or some other Forums for around £60-100 if you're lucky you may even find one cheaper.

It can be a little boomy if set up incorrectly, but I run it with Q acoustics speakers and it's got a great sound. Better still - givem the size of the speaker itself it really does produce the low notes that you can feel!

Yes there are more powerful more modern subs like the BK Gemini II - but they're more money other contenders are the Wharfdale SW150 - they don't look as nice IMO - but they do offer more power - although they cost more money unless your lucky enough to find a second hand bargain.

All in all though I'm chuffed I opted for the REL - less power but a great sound.

Oh and it's a British made sub - another added bonus!

Hope this helps

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts