Does room size matter?

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
I have read in the foorums that room size is important when choosing speakers. I have a 5 by 3 metre room and am looking to buy a system with probably B&W 685's. Would these be too big for my room do you think? They sounded ok in the demo room which ironically is smaller than my lounge. Are these speakers position friendly? Can get them around 6 inches from a back wall but that is about all and the will be up against a wall on the side.

A

Anonymous

i would say that you should demo them at home if you can. Your room is similar in size, although v slightly smaller than mine, and i would not go for speakers that large.Apart from anything i think they would look a bit big in a room that size.. have you heard the 686's? they sound just as good although not as bassy.Still really big bass for a smallish standmount though

A

Anonymous

just re read your post, no way you can put those speakers against a side wall. they are far too big.

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
The back of the speaker will be about 6 inches from the wall, they will be angled against the wall, probablyat 45% not full on. The other will be close to the tv and will have quite a bit of free space around it. Apart from kef iq5ses, are there any speakers that aren't too fussy about positioning?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts