Do i need new amp? for two digital audio feeds?

Nick_Shepherd

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I have an old Yamaha amp, BD player 360 and Sky HD. I have an optical out from Sky to the amp. Am i right I cant get audio from the BD player unless I buy a new amp?

If so, will it have a HDMI and an Optical? or will i need one with two HDMI?

Thanks

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Nick_Shepherd:
Hi,

I have an old Yamaha amp, BD player 360 and Sky HD. I have an optical out from Sky to the amp. Am i right I cant get audio from the BD player unless I buy a new amp?

Thanks

No, you can. If you use coaxial from BD player to the Yamaha, you will get non HD audio. If you were to buy a new receiver, you just need the one hdmi for picture and sound to the BD player and you would get HD audio.

A

Anonymous

Gerrardasnails:Nick_Shepherd:
Hi,

Thanks

No, you can. If you use coaxial from BD player to the Yamaha, you will get non HD audio. If you were to buy a new receiver, you just need the one hdmi for picture and sound to the BD player and you would get HD audio.

Nou, one HDMI is not exactly true, think future, 1x HDMI for DVD, 1x HDMI Cabel/Sat, 1x HDMI Blu ray, 1x HDMI DVR and not to forget 1x HDMI OUT for the telly/plasma/LCD/LED.

I rest my case
emotion-5.gif
greetings Steve

Nick_Shepherd

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
thanks for the replys.

So, a coaxial will give me 5.1 Dolby Digital?

If a get a new amp, send HDMI from BD player to amp, is there a video out from amp to TV??

AND (sorry!), would a new budget amp be loads better and is HD audio much better??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts