Do I keep my Denon 2500BT?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, and happy christmas!

I am buying the Panasonic P55VT30 3D TV in a week or so's time and need some advice and guidance. I am not sure whether or not to keep my Denon2500BT DVD player for standard Blu-Ray playback and purchase a "budget" 3D player for when I want to watch a 3D movie, or to sell the Denon and buy a new mid level dedicated 3D player. I was thinking about the Panasonic 310. Apart from Avatar, of which I have watched many times there are not many other 3D movies titles as yet that I really want to buy. I guess that I have almost answered my own question, but was also wondering if today's Blu-Ray technology is that much better than it was 3/4 years ago and the 2500BT's playback quality has been surpassed by less expensive models. I also use my Denon to play CD's, DVD's and iPod (via a Yamaha dock). Reciever is the Yamaha DSP-AX863SE coupled to the B&W 685 Theatre system linked with VDH HDMI cables. Thanking you in advance. Happy new year!!

michael hoy

Hi,

I have the 42 VT30 and I can say that the picture quality from the Denon is still a fantastic picture.

If you do not want 3D or a universal player yet then hang on, it is still hard to beat this machine.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Michael. Good advice. I notice that you have the Sony 40W2000. I currently have the 40X2000. Both excellent TV's by todays standards. Cheers

A

Anonymous

I would suggest you try to buy the 50VT30 with the BDT310 included in the bundle (most paces throw them in anyway), that way you can compare the two, and if you don't see / hear much difference then you could sell on the Denon. Also with it twin HDMIs its perfect for 3D movies and HD audio with your Yamaha AVR.

A

Anonymous

Thanks markjaspi. A good idea! Sevenoaks sound and vision have the 50" on display in their demo room and I must say that I was very impressed with the picture quality. However, although size should'nt matter!!, I do have a bit of a "thing" for the 55 incher. Advice taken though, I will see if they will include the 310 with the deal. I also noticed that you can pick up the 2500BT for £73.00. Considering I paid £700 in 2008 I guess I would'nt get much for it anyway. Happy new year.

A

Anonymous

jazzead said:
I also noticed that you can pick up the 2500BT for £73.00

:roll: Where have you seen the 2500BT for £73.00? they usually sell for between £150-£300 depending on condition.

A

Anonymous

Hi thestig08,

I was trawling through the internetsuperdigitalhighway the other day and saw it for £73.00, but can't find it now. However, www.supaprice.co.uk have it (brand new) for £102.00 =£10 p&p. Hope this helps

jazzead said:
Hi thestig08,

I was trawling through the internetsuperdigitalhighway the other day and saw it for £73.00, but can't find it now. However, www.supaprice.co.uk have it (brand new) for £102.00 =£10 p&p. Hope this helps

No, that's an ongoing eBay auction, the current price being £102. The auction hasn't ended yet. So the final price is likely to far more.

http://www.supaprice.co.uk/p/result.jsp?q=Denon+2500bt&qs=ti

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts