Do I have to have TV on when listening to CD through my bluray player when connected to AV reciever

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Having just got my completely new AV setup working with a few teething issues I notice that if I want to listen to a CD playing through my SONY BD 490 Blueray player and my Yamaha AX 1010 connected all connect via the HDMI cable coming from the Reciever to the Samsung Smart TV I need to keep the TV on.

I can sort of understand why but is there a way around this as surely i don't need to buy a separate CD player to achieve this. it's not the biggest deal in the world but it distracts from the listening experierence.

I am pretty sure some one else will have come across this so any help and advice would be appreciated.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Don't see any reason why: do you mean when you switch on the Blu-ray player the TV comes on automatically?

If so, it's just a matter of disabling HDMI-CEC control on the Blu-ray player and/or the TV – you'll have to turn on the TV manually when you want to watch a Blu-ray, but beyond that not a problem.

Best probably to disable it on the Blu-ray player if you use HDMI Audio Return Channel to feed TV sound back into the Yamaha, as turning it off on the TV may affect this functionality.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Player should just detect it has a CD loaded, and show track/time info on its (admittedly rather pokey) display. Play/stop/pause and track skip controls on the remote should work as normal.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts