• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Do hifi cables benefit from burn in (or running in)?

Do hifi cables benefit from burn in (or running in)?

• Yes

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

12th Monkey

Aug 31, 2015
I thought I'd post the poll as Simon hasn't - this was his question, so what do you think? I'm a 'no' myself.

Do you want to have a friendly tenner on it. I bet I win.
what should the question be - “do hifi cables benefit from burn in (or running in)?”

Reactions: DougK

plus 1

Dec 5, 2019
i have not noted burn in / a difference with the cables i have used...but i have not tried all designs hence i'm in the "not sure" option which is not a poll choice !

(i have noted no differences with the 8 or so loudspeakers i have tested burning in either i may add...)

12th Monkey

Aug 31, 2015
It could be argued that starting this thread was a bit childish, but I think when someone talks of a majority agreeing with them we have a supporting argument which can easily be tested. Or should that be demolished.

Reactions: DougK

gfong

Sep 1, 2020
I think over time a cable will settle in and give a more relaxed sound. If doing this for 40 hours before you hook them to your speakers gets them burned in or if you just plug them in to your speakers and listen for 40 hours to burn them in, I think the end result is the same. The sound does change in my opinion.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts