Do headphones need running in?

A

Anonymous

Blunny89:If so, how would you go about doing it?

I don't really think so but use them and see?
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

I guess some times you have to just listen to your equipment.........
emotion-43.gif

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site

Yep, they need running in... same as speakers...

As for how you'd run them in: same as speakers - play some music through them for several hours (or hundreds of hours according to some manufacturers & hobbyists)....

Now whether you listen to the phones during run-in is up to you... Since I've never had a pair of speakers or phones sound bad straight out of the box, I choose to listen during the run in period...

A

Anonymous

Ajani:

Yep, they need running in... same as speakers...

As for how you'd run them in: same as speakers - play some music through them for several hours (or hundreds of hours according to some manufacturers & hobbyists)....

Now whether you listen to the phones during run-in is up to you... Since I've never had a pair of speakers or phones sound bad straight out of the box, I choose to listen during the run in period...

Thanks Ajani - I've had them playing for the last 6 hours and it looks like I'll be leaving them constantly on for a week or two, but I am already amazed with the quality, every aspect is brilliant compared to my old headphones. Chuffed!!
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

I went for the WHF special offer on the Klipsch Image X10 - ordered yesterday and arrived this morning.

At first my iPod Touch was giving an unbalanced output (left headphone was quieter) which made me think it was the Klipsch, but no, I took my iPod back to Currys as it also had a cracked screen, and I've got some vouchers heading my way which are going on a 32GB iPod Touch.

At the moment I am listening through my Mac and CA amplifier. Thanks for your information, I'm not sure how much they can improve to be honest, considering their size and weight. But overall, yeah as I said before, I'm chuffed!

TRENDING THREADS