DMP-BDT110 Settings With Onkyo SR606 Reciver

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
When i link the bluray player to the reciever everything is great but the Dolby True HD Light never comes on. It says DD or DTS. do i need to do something in sound settings to change this.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
I'm assuming you know that your amp isn't 3D ready and that you're using one HDMI for video directly in to your tv and another in to the amp. There are some chanes in the BD menu which allow you to pass HD sound to your amp - I'll have a check and see when I get home.

A

Anonymous

mike0619,

I had exactly the same problem when I first set up my Panasonic DMP-BDT110.

A couple of points first: I have my blu-ray player set to audio 'bitstream' out, so that the AVR does the audio decoding. Not all blu-ray discs default to HD sound, so some (not many) you have to go to 'Top Menu' and change the audio preference.

Most important, though, is a setting on the DMP-BDT110 that is set as default (crazy I know) that forces HD sound to be output as standard DD or DTS 5.1. The setting you need to change in the Setup Menu and Player Settings is:

'Sound' menu and 'Digital Audio Output' you must set 'BD-Video Secondary Audio' to 'Off'.

Also be aware that my Onkyo 609 has a 'Listening Mode Preset' and I have all the DD & DTS (including HD sound) lines for the BD/DVD set to 'Straight Decode'. Same for the CBL/SAT for my Syk+HD box.

Hope this helps.

Paul.

A

Anonymous

Audyseey light won't go off is that right. Do u normally set to movie of music someone recconended music to listen to movies :-/

A

Anonymous

I have mine set to movie, but I guess it is personal taste. Audyssey light stays on (I have Dynamic EQ set to movie / 0dB and Dynamic Volume set to 'light').

Did my suggestion solve your HD sound problem, as you didn't mention it?

Paul.

A

Anonymous

Yeh your a star thanks was trying to find a good setting not the best sometimes when kids bedroom above us :-/ thanks

Still bit of a novice but getting there

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
pauled51 said:
Most important, though, is a setting on the DMP-BDT110 that is set as default (crazy I know) that forces HD sound to be output as standard DD or DTS 5.1. The setting you need to change in the Setup Menu and Player Settings is:

'Sound' menu and 'Digital Audio Output' you must set 'BD-Video Secondary Audio' to 'Off'.

Thanks for that tip.

It made setting up my DMP-BDT110 the other day a doddle.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I'm having a nightmare with my BDT110. So much so that I've practically given up on it.

Currently have a budget Maidston player and PS3, both set to LPCM audio (my amp/stand won't decode HD audio, but will accept 7.1 linear so it's the only way I can get losless audio) and 24P picture output.

Unplugged my Maidston, plugged in the Panasonic and all I get is a picture of digital noise. Sometimes the sound flicks in and out, and once the picture flicked up.

Plug the machine directly into the TV and its fine. Played around with switching to bitstream audio and switching off 24P, and sometimes get a picture.

Worst thing is, it's not even consistent. Thought I'd hit on a compromise (24P and bistream audio) but them came back to it later the same day, and hey presto, no picture again. Hell, even changing the setting on my TV from TV speaker to audio system sometimes worked - don't know if doing that sonewhow interrupted the signal somehow and it 'got through'...

I've tried switching off all the other flags (3D, deep colour etc), nothing. Have updated to 1.7 firmware, no change.

Anyone offer any ideas before it goes in the bin? Have emailed Panasonic tech help and no response after 3 days.

Guessing its the pass through my amp is doesn't like, but I'm completely stumped.

TV is a Sony KDL46W5710, and the amp is a RHTG510 home cinema stand. Please help if you can!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts