Distance selling regulations - know your rights

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your time Bigboss
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

I have lost so much money on buying stuff and returning and losing out on lots of postage.

Seen this on the news the other day.

And I got to say, I bought some RSFX from sevenoaks on ebay about 3 weeks ago, and did not like them, sent them back and they gave me a FULL refund inc postage, and I did not even have to ask.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Don't think I've ever had refund of postage from play.com even when returning stuff they've sent in error, faulty etc. It's only ever been small stuff so haven't chased.

However got my TV from them. The panel went a few months ago. They were particularly unhelpful and obstructive, and didn't appreciate being reminded of their responsibilities.

Got fed up went direct to Samsung whose Customer Services were just superb.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
richardw42:Don't think I've ever had refund of postage from play.com even when returning stuff they've sent in error, faulty etc. It's only ever been small stuff so haven't chased.

However got my TV from them. The panel went a few months ago. They were particularly unhelpful and obstructive, and didn't appreciate being reminded of their responsibilities.

Got fed up went direct to Samsung whose Customer Services were just superb.

Hence why I switched to buying almost everything from Amazon last year. Play's customer service is, in my experience, dreadful, whereas Amazon's has always been top notch.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
richardw42: Don't think I've ever had refund of postage from play.com even when returning stuff they've sent in error, faulty etc. It's only ever been small stuff so haven't chased.

I've returned stuff twice to Play and not had postage refunded.

D

Deleted member 2457

I returned my iron maiden shorts to play.com because they did not fit, they cost me £7.99 in the first place and then about £4.50ish to send them back.

With these terms and challenging them when ever i have asked a shop or retailer they have said these are our terms - deal with it, if you don't like our terms shop else where.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
What gets me with the likes of Play is that if you have to send an item back, lets say a limited edition DVD or Bluray tin which is heavier than normal - they will only refund you basic first class post - what if it gets lost? You can pay the extra for recorded for your own piece of mind, but that's out of your own pocket.

bob.g

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Another caution - learned the hard costly way. If you order 'on line' when overseas, even if the goods are being supplied from a UK supplier for delivery to a UK address, then any relevant Trading Standards legislation relating to faulty goods does not apply. Caveat Emptor !
emotion-9.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts