Distance from side walls?

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
With speakers intended to be wall mounted, how far is the minimum you would generally advise to mount them away from the side wall?

I know it probably varies from speaker to speaker, but interested to know what different people get away with in their systems?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Hmm I would normally say experiment but with wall-mounts that is not practical. (You end up with a whole load of holes!)

Have you any old stands you could use to experiment with placement before commiting to drill and rawl-plug? Needn't be anything flash, you only need to assess the amount of effect the side walls are having.

Otherwise I would say at least 18 inches/0.5 metres from personal experience.

radovantz

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
chebby: Otherwise I would say at least 18 inches/0.5 metres from personal experience.

i agree with this distance, speakers sound terrible if put closer to wall even if they are designed with air ducts in the front.

so, what do you think if a tough wallmount bracket available which also have enough length to provide distance between speaker and rear wall?

A

Anonymous

My B&W instructions said 1/2 metre from each wall and about 6ft appart so would go with the above suggestions

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts