Disney + is a joke.

Mrj6j

Mar 29, 2020
Visit site
I have spoken to them twice now and both times it is the same reply, basically 'get over it'. Although the UK internet companies have stated clearly they can handle the extra traffic, Disney have reduced their quality to no better than a blu ray. With 5.1 sound. What is scary is that they suggested to me that quality might go down even more. DVD and stereo? What gets me is that they are still advertising their services as 4k, vision, HDR 10 and Atmos, which they aren't for the foreseeable future. This is misleading to new customers.

Streaming services are already compressed compared to Bluray discs - even 4K streaming has a lower bandwidth than Bluray discs. Resolution is just a guarantee of the amount of pixels you get, but there’s so much more to a picture than resolution.
Audio is around the same as that of DVD discs - even if it is Atmos, the based 5.1 is Dolby Digital.

While I’m stuck at home now I’ll be able to finish my blog I’m doing on streaming quality (music and movies). I started it back in September, so it’s about time I finished it!

simonali

Aug 8, 2006
Visit site
I wasn't going to bother but I wanted to see Mando. Should have done my homework and found out they weren't releasing it all at the same time and waited until I could watch the whole thing in the 7 day free trial, though, as there is nowt else on there I wanna see!

STUARC73

Apr 17, 2020
Visit site
I have spoken to them twice now and both times it is the same reply, basically 'get over it'. Although the UK internet companies have stated clearly they can handle the extra traffic, Disney have reduced their quality to no better than a blu ray. With 5.1 sound. What is scary is that they suggested to me that quality might go down even more. DVD and stereo? What gets me is that they are still advertising their services as 4k, vision, HDR 10 and Atmos, which they aren't for the foreseeable future. This is misleading to new customers.
I note that some programmes are shown as HDR10, but broadcast on HD. I thought Disney had reduced quality owing to the pandemic and to prevent strain on their servers??

NickL

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm not even getting 5.1 sound - no matter what settings I try I only get stereo on Disney+ via my Amazon Fire TV box (gen 2 4k). Amazon Prime Video comes through fine in Dolby Digital Plus with the same kit. Any ideas?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts