Disappointed with iPhone 4S announcement

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
You can always look at one of these phones - either out now or in a couple of weeks....

They all make the Iphone 4S look a little sad

Especially when u conside the Iphone 4S costs a whopping £499-£699 :doh:

HTC Sensation XE - 1.5Ghz dual core and 4.3 Screen, Beats Audio

Samsung’s Galaxy Note with 5.3in 1280x800 screen and dual-core 1.4Ghz

Sony Ericsson’s Xperia S with dual 1.4GHz and 4.2 inch 3D screen,

Google’s Android 4.0-packing Nexus Prime with dual core 1.5Ghz and 1280x720p 4.6inch screen

LG’s LU6200 with its 4.5in, 1280 x 720 IPS screen

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
John Duncan said:
Lee H said:
ric71 said:
after having had Blackberries for years.

Useless fact time. According to BlackBerry, there is no plural for BlackBerry. You can say BlackBerry smartphones, but no other pluralisation.

Ref: Blackberry.

You had me at 'Useless'.

:)

The story of a manufacturer with a good USP (push email) that failed to innovate because it was top of the pile in its market. Nokia are at risk of heading the same way. If their next device fails I can't see them surviving.

It's a lesson in corporate arrogance - nobody is too succesful to fall from grace. Including Apple.

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
AnotherJoe said:
You can always look at one of these phones - either out now or in a couple of weeks....

They all make the Iphone 4S look a little sad

All good phones I'm sure. Some will prefer Android, some iOS maybe even Windows! I'm not a fan of the "my phone/OS is better than yours" arguments. It's whichever one suits you best and that isn't always measured in GHz. When I went back to Apple from HTC Desire one of the biggest reasons was the keyboard - Apple's was just better (for me)

Paul.

Echoes of the Nokia deal here. The Samsung patents are standards related, so licensing has to be available on FRAND terms, i.e. 'fair, reasonable and non discriminatory'. This is not a legal definition, but an anti competitive definition. If Samsung are asking for licensing at a higher rate than the industry norm (like Nokia tried with Apple) they should fail. Either that or the patent system as we know it will collapse :)

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
well, I was hoping for something cooler too, but not bad anyway - my wish of 64 gig capacity has been granted. and, considering that my current phone is 7 y o, I will be getting the 4S. finally, one gadget instead of two and most tunes will fit on it.

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I hope iSO5 doesn't slow my 4 down.
When I installed Blackberry os6 onto my Bold 9700 it rendered it completely unusable even though it was an official tmobile update!!

Paul.

I have the iOS5 gm on my phone now, very impressed so far. There is a new app called reminder which is pretty fun, and it takes the heavy load off of the calender app. The great thing is it can do location aware reminders (with out the need for siri assistant, yay!). It seems just as snappy on my 4 as it did this morning. So many little changes, I havent found a lot of them yet, and cant even explore iCloud yet untill the 12th. The plus volume button becomes a shutter button in camera mode, you have to wonder why they didnt do that before. You can actually use your phone whilst syncing now (again, why couldnt I do this before?). Everything is slightly shinier than before, text bubbles look great for instance. In fact it seems quicker than it did this morning, and 1gb has been freed up, not sure where that went. Just waiting for some notifications so I can have a look at notification centre.

Havent seen much not to like, iPod is renamed Music for some reason, and Video has a seperate app, a small gripe.

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Paul Hobbs said:
I have the iOS5 gm on my phone now, very impressed so far. There is a new app called reminder which is pretty fun, and it takes the heavy load off of the calender app. The great thing is it can do location aware reminders (with out the need for siri assistant, yay!). It seems just as snappy on my 4 as it did this morning. So many little changes, I havent found a lot of them yet, and cant even explore iCloud yet untill the 12th. The plus volume button becomes a shutter button in camera mode, you have to wonder why they didnt do that before. You can actually use your phone whilst syncing now (again, why couldnt I do this before?). Everything is slightly shinier than before, text bubbles look great for instance. In fact it seems quicker than it did this morning, and 1gb has been freed up, not sure where that went. Just waiting for some notifications so I can have a look at notification centre.

Havent seen much not to like, iPod is renamed Music for some reason, and Video has a seperate app, a small gripe.
Hi Paul,interesting how did you get ios 5 already then?thought it was out on the 12th with icloud.

Paul.

Ive got a buddy who is a developer so helping out with testing the app. It is available in various places on line, but pretty sure it would be against house rules to link too.

TRENDING THREADS