Directional ethernet cable

scene

Now I think I have heard it all. A directional ethernet cable *stop*

And only £629 for 1.5m at AudioVisual online *fool*

I can't even comment on some of the stuff they say on their website, all I keep hearing is "You canna change the Laws of Physics" - but someone seems to be trying to persuade us you can...

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
shame they aren't based in the UK - that was one of the points that I complained to the ASA about Chord for. In the same paragraph saying their network cable wast CAT7 complient, then saying it was directional. The complaint was upheld and chord had to change their wording to say "we beleive"....

Christ, this stuff gets more and more depressing. I'm seriously thinking of opening a cable company as there are soooo many people out there willing to believe utter bs and pay for it.

A

Anderson

I just bought 10m of Cat6, cost me £6, will this fancy cable make me better with BF4 multiplayer? Will my bullets go faster, will my aim be more accurate will I be able to take more head shots before dying?

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
have just come from another forum, in disbelief - people acutally purchasing audiophile ethernet cables for every single device in their system, and complaining because nobody made an audiophile router or switch and suchlike. *dash1*

I knew that blind faith was required, but in some of these threads there is evidence, not just standard, or subjective, but dyed in the wool evidence to contadict these beliefs, but that will not change their mind one bit. That's some hardcore denial of quite epic, nay, cult like preportions going on right there, and quite frankly scares the bejesus out of me.

A

Anderson

I am a unique producer of Audiophile Grade Network Switching Gear (AGNSG). I have a one of a kind demonstrator called Virgin Media Super Hub Audiophile Switch, I don't want to let it go but for £499 I could be convinced to part with it? First to PayPal me gets the switch.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
They 'listen to every batch of conductors' to determine directivity - I want that job. We could start a competition to find the funniest, most outrageous claims from this (and other) sites.

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:
They 'listen to every batch of conductors' to determine directivity - I want that job. We could start a competition to find the funniest, most outrageous claims from this (and other) sites.

here's your starter for 10, pretty much most of this I think would be included ;) http://www.nordost.com/faqs.php

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Nordost - break in takes 168hrs. WHAT???? Surely they need nearee 200hrs. Mind you, their reference cables take 336hrs. I remember my Nordost sounded awful after 167hrs but then suddenly - WOW. I thought it might depend on volume, temperature and these kinds of unmeasureable unscientific quantities but no - its all about time.

scene

cheeseboy said:
RobinKidderminster said:

here's your starter for 10, pretty much most of this I think would be included ;) http://www.nordost.com/faqs.php

There is one accurate (part) FAQ there:

"We recommend a power cord be your first cable purchase as it is the most important cable in your system."

Yes, because without it you might find that nothing actually works. After that there's mostly snake oil.

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I like the bit where they talk about quantum tunneling :)

Coming next week, the cable that shields from dark matter and freak localised wormholes.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
cheeseboy said:

IGP9278.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts