Digital Optical Input between Sky+ and Onkyo 605

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

I am having trouble getting sounds to play through my Onkyo 605.

I have bought a TOSLink Optical Lead and connected my Sky+ Digital Optical Out into the Game/TV Digital Optical In on the Onkyo using this cable. I have checked in the Onkyo setup and have set the Input/Output assign for the Digital Input - Game/TV to OPT 1.

I have checked my Sky+ box in the Sound Setup menu and the set the Optical Output to normal and made sure that some volume is being passed through as well.

I then select the Game/TV setting on my AV and get no sound. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have tried all manner of combinations, including plugging into different optical inputs (the aux one on the front of the Onkyo). No matter what I try no sound is coming through.

Thanks,

James

A

Anonymous

Hi All,

I have fixed the problem... Keeping in mind this is the first time I have seen a digital optical cable, I didn't realise that there were plastic caps on the end of the cable which needed to be removed. Hilarious.

Anyway, all is works now and I am enjoying the sound through the AV.

Cheers,

James

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="jmaughan"]
I have fixed the problem... Keeping in mind this is the first time I have seen a digital optical cable, I didn't realise that there were plastic caps on the end of the cable which needed to be removed. Hilarious.

Anyway, all is works now and I am enjoying the sound through the AV.

[/quote]

Glad all is fine now you're no longer practicing safe surround!

emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS