Difference in sound between Cyrus 6xp and 8 xp amps?

Triggy

Jan 24, 2005
Visit site
I have recently upgraded from a Cyrus 6xp to a 8xp amp.

I would appreciate your comments about the difference in sound between the 6xp and 8xp amps.

To me, the 8xp seems a fuller sound but still (a week and a half of running in) lacks the clarity of vocals I enjoyed from the 6xp.

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

I'd be really keen to hear an answer to this question too. Is it worth the expense of upgrading?

A

Anonymous

The 8XP does have more oomph but it's not too disimilar to the 6XP's soundstage. Bass is deeper/tauter but not by miles; soundstage does appear to be overall smoother though

My parent-in-laws have the 6XP powering their B&W CM7's with a Rega Apollo CDP and the 6XP handles the speakers superbly and can really drive them well (I was fairly surprised by its gusto)!

hifilover1979 said:
The 8XP does have more oomph but it's not too disimilar to the 6XP's soundstage. Bass is deeper/tauter but not by miles; soundstage does appear to be overall smoother though

My parent-in-laws have the 6XP powering their B&W CM7's with a Rega Apollo CDP and the 6XP handles the speakers superbly and can really drive them well (I was fairly surprised by its gusto)!

What's the sensitivity of the CM7s, Dan? If they're 87db upwards they shouldn't pose too many problems for a 40 watter, unless you live in a barn.

A

Anonymous

IIRC PP they're around 87 or 88

I've heard them with a few amps though and they never seemed to drive them very well but the Cyrus seems to do that with ease

I have to say though I feel as the Cyrus is a little forward this brings out the best of the CM7's as they can sound very relaxed/mellow at times etc...

The agility of the Rega Apollo makes for a superb system; get some good motown on there and it's a joy to listen to LOUD 8)

hifilover1979 said:
IIRC PP they're around 87 or 88

I've heard them with a few amps though and they never seemed to drive them very well but the Cyrus seems to do that with ease

I have to say though I feel as the Cyrus is a little forward this brings out the best of the CM7's as they can sound very relaxed/mellow at times etc...

The agility of the Rega Apollo makes for a superb system; get some good motown on there and it's a joy to listen to LOUD 8)

Ahhh, Motown - now you're talking...;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts