Difference between the Project genie RPM1 & RPM2?

tommyb

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
Hi Guys,

after some brilliant advice on here over the past few days - thanks guys - I've narrowed down my forray into turntables to the Project Genie.

There are two versions RPM1 and RPM2 - is the 2 just a more recent model? is it worth the extra cash over the RPM1 as some places only stock the RPM1

Henley

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
Not quite so.

The RPM1 and the Genie are the same product. The model is called the Genie in the UK and RPM1 in Germany but boxes are normally labelled with both names to make life easier for the factory. We have recently upgraded the Genie and introduced the MK2 version (exclusive the the UK at present). The Genie2 should be reviewed in the next issue of WHF and is available in stores now.

I Hope this helps clarify the situation.

tommyb

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for that!
emotion-21.gif

Can you help me then - what is this? http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=766

Will the mk2 be the same price as the mk1?

A

Anonymous

I own the mk2 model, it cost me 120 pounds, its a great bit of kit for the money!

Henley

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
jimm:I own the mk2 model, it cost me 120 pounds, its a great bit of kit for the money!

That's easy, the MK2 says it on the box.

However, we have been shipping MK2 products for around 3 months (without MK2 markings) so that recent customers would not feel aggrieved that they had just purchased an obsolete model.

The MK2 has a much thicker tone arm.

All RED models are also MK2.

A

Anonymous

Check the Henley Designs website for a list of authorised suppliers - may be one close to you. If not, I have used Superfi for mail order on Pro-ject turntables in the past and have had no problems.

tommyb

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm just having trouble being able to differentiate between the mk1 and mk2 - sellers don't seem to be making it clear which one is for sale.

A

Anonymous

A simple phone call to Superfi should be sufficient. I have dealt with them via telephone on several occasions and have always found them helpful

A

Anonymous

Hello

I'm very new to the game and have just bought what I thought was a mark 2 genie from richer sounds.

However unpacking it there is no mention anywhere about it being a mark 2, it just says RPM1 no mark 1 or mark 2 stated.

Can anyone confirm which one mine is? It has a cord switch similar to the switch on a table lamp (I have seen pictures of a mark 3 which has the switch mounted on the motor). Also the end of the tonearm just above the cartridge has three holes drilled in it in a line (and in pictures of the mark 3 it is just flat - no holes).

I have scoured the internet for pictures but as you can probably gather from my post all the pictures are of the mark 3!

If anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts