Difference between Screen Burn and Image Retention?

trevoralves

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
I have been using my computer fairly frequently on my Pioneer PDP-LX5090. I had set up the HDMI connection with the PC option, which only allows you to use the standard profile settings but there is no screen protection option with this. I have since changed this to the video option, which allows you to use all the available profile settings and I now have screen protection on.

I have ran the inbuilt video pattern a few times and have left the screen on a snowy picture a few times, but I do not seem to be able to shift a vertical line that appears where my google sidebar used to be.

I have fell asleep with the computer displayed a few times, so there would have been a static pattern for a number of hours.

How do I know whether my problem is screen burn or image retention?

trevoralves

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
It automatically runs for 1 hr each time, I have run it a few times now but not consecutively. The image is apparent on some scenes with a light background, but is not apparent all the time.

A

Anonymous

From what I've read: Image Retention and Screen Burn are the same thing, with Screen Burn being more severe and sometimes permanent... Also know as Phosphor Burn-in.

This is one of the reasons that has put me off buying a Plasma, although this is no help what-so-ever. I hope it clears up and isn't permanent of course!
emotion-6.gif

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Of what I've heard for most modern plasma's, especially pioneers, Screen burn (rather than temporary image retention) is a problem of the past if used sensibly.

That does'nt mean I would use mine as a pc monitor though.

I hope your screen issue has been resolved by now.

Regards

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
For what its worth, I burned my screen within the 1st couple of months of having my Pioneer (And I was gutted)

6 months later it had completely cleared itself (Like the whole screen had 'burned in' if you will)

trevoralves

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for your help. I haven't been able to get rid of the line completely yet, but it seems to be less noticeable, but because I know it is there I am drawn to it.

TRENDING THREADS