diamonds 9.1 vs 9.2

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
I think is not better, only has a deeper bass, both are good speakers, butÿbothÿ lack a little precision and openess.For classical music the 9.1 is better, the 9.2 has a harder edged bass.

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
Tibor thank you very much.thats what I suspected...i find the 9.1 as already more bass than it should have.

crang

Feb 17, 2008
Visit site
hi excuse me joining in , you dont mention what amp CDP Etc you are using with the 9.1s, I find them delightful little speakers.For the record I use following CA 540a ver 2 aMP ca c540c ver 2 cdp,NAD 2200 power amp through 540As pre out, Soundstyle Z60 stands , QED Silver anniversary speaker cable. I get penty of taught deep bass also sweet treble , plenty of soundstage?
all I intend now is decent mains conditioner and some mare than kettle power leads. I dont intend to upgrade for a very long time , total cost around 1000ukp.

Regards

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
Crang don't have them yet.I wanted to get them some month ago but then I could not find them on sale. Today I heard 9.1's connected do nad C715 and they seemed a little boomy. There were also on sale the 9.2's almost at the same price, so I wanted an opinion.

A

Anonymous

Were the 9.1s on decent stands? I have them with a NAD amplifier and find that they can be a bit boomy if placed on a shelf, but settle down if placed on decent stands.

TRENDING THREADS