DH Labs Prelude Speaker Cable

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
"Vibration damping fibers" [sic] - why didn't I think of that? Why, all speaker cables vibrate, don't they???

Oh, and "Continuous Crystal (TM) copper conductors. Yeah, right... Rolls Royce andd Pratt & Witney aero engine fan blades, maybe, but continuous crrystals in speaker wire? I doubt it.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Benedict_Arnold said:
"Vibration damping fibers" [sic] - why didn't I think of that? Why, all speaker cables vibrate, don't they???

Oh, and "Continuous Crystal (TM) copper conductors. Yeah, right... Rolls Royce andd Pratt & Witney aero engine fan blades, maybe, but continuous crrystals in speaker wire? I doubt it.

OCC (Ono continuous casting) copper is pretty common, and standard for any audio cable wishing to boast about its audiophile properties.

Anyway, it is a thing and not particularly exotic

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF03257948

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Al ears said:
Electro said:
Never heard of it, *scratch_one-s_head* does it look nice . *wink*

It's American and the OP and follower are spammers, hopefully never to be seen again. . ;-)

... and no, it's just a bit of black 11 gauge cable. ;-)

Yes I agree they are a pain in the butt .

I should post them a link to some nice custom made Van Damme cables like mine , in fact I will *mosking*

http://www.van-damme.com/product_home.html

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
spiny norman said:
ID. said:
(Ono continuous casting)

It's what she did after she broke up The Beatles, you know. Oh no, hang on...

I see what you did there. You made the connection between a fairly common surname and the only famous person you know with that surname and then threw in a pun that works much better with the English pronunciation of the name than the proper Japanese one. Very clever ;)

Sorry, probably would've worked better for me if I didn't live in Japan and speak Japanese.

Are you also highly amused by the surname Takeshita? No, it's not pronounced anything like that, but hearing the proper pronunciation would spoil the joke.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
ID. said:
I see what you did there. You made the connection between a fairly common surname and the only famous person you know with that surname and then threw in a pun that works much better with the English pronunciation of the name than the proper Japanese one. Very clever ;)

Sorry, probably would've worked better for me if I didn't live in Japan and speak Japanese.

Are you also highly amused by the surname Takeshita? No, it's not pronounced anything like that, but hearing the proper pronunciation would spoil the joke.

Actually, you didn't see what I did there: I was merely pointing out that OCC stands for 'Ohno Continuous Casting', not 'Ono', as you would know if you lived in blah blah blah and weren't quite so atama warui and patronising.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
ID. said:
Benedict_Arnold said:

OCC (Ono continuous casting) copper is pretty common, and standard for any audio cable wishing to boast about its audiophile properties.

Anyway, it is a thing and not particularly exotic

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF03257948

I remember guys who had worked at Rolls Royce Filton telling me th story about how they accidentally produced the first single crystal turbine blade, how they tested it on the tensile machine, which it broke, then on the Charpy machine, which it also broke, how they had great truble cutting it up, and how they ended up discovering it was a single crystal by x-raying it or something. It was donated to the Science Museum where it probably sits unappreciated in a cardboard box in one of those warehouses like the closing scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Since then RR perfected reproducing the accident on purpose and now all their turbine blades are one single crystal.

It's application to copper wire I hadn't heard of before. It sounds (pun intended) a bit extreme to me, but, if your hifi is good enough to demand $1000 an inch speaker cables, fine. I just can't see it being available at the price point they are at for their speaker cables, but I am open to being edjumacated about it....

I'll talk to guys at Duco, Multiflex and Nexans - subsea umbilical makers - and see what they say. If anyone's likely to be using single crystal wires it's them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts