Devialet Gold

Firthy247

Sep 4, 2022
Visit site
Hi guys I’m new here so please take it easy with me ;). At the moment I have two sets of Devialet Golds in two separate rooms. However I’m finding as I listen to lot of funk, bass and dance oriented music at higher volumes they simply cannot handle the bass and it fades away drastically.

So for my living space I feel I need a better set of speakers and a subwoofer.

I stream most of my music via Tidal so with that in mind and a budget of about 6k can anyone suggest something to replace the Devialet speakers with something that can cope and will handle bass at higher volume.

kind regards

Neil.

My living room is around 6m x 5.5m

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
Welcome!
Humm you must be pushing them pretty hard for them to start pull the bass back to avoid damage. I demoed a pair of silvers back in the day bass and volume was not a problem and easily hand DJ shadows three Ralph and the 10hz tones mid track where audioable and loud.
The biggest weakness I found was the mid bass which was next to non existent so maybe just maybe that what’s you’re hearing?

Being completely honest you not going to find a set of traditional speakers that will have to same output as the phantoms, bass wise, in your 6k budget you’re going to have to factor in a subwoofer to get the bass your after.

I think I’d start my journey looking at a pair of kef ls50 wireless 2. With the matching subwoofer. This hand on heart would get you into a very different league of sound. Find a dealer and go for a listen I don’t think you’ll be unhappy.

Dynaudio have just release some new actives but I have no experience with them. There focus range of speakers though they’rea little over budget for the floor standers.

I think you need tamper you exceptions of how loud you can take your speakers they all have a point where they start to crumble. If you really like to push the volume you might want to look at a brand called ATC but they won’t satisfy your lust for bass not without a subwoofer and they will require an outboard pre amp/dac to control them the other options above are all in ones you need nothing more than than the speaker boxes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts