chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Animesh Ghose said:
Some one on GT selling the 120 for £2700. I am thinking of putting a cheaky offer.

i have absolutely no idea about the amp, never even seen it flesh.

any thoughts?

thanks

Is there any point now £3000 can buy a pair of Devialet Phantoms?

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
chebby said:
Animesh Ghose said:
Some one on GT selling the 120 for £2700. I am thinking of putting a cheaky offer.

any thoughts?

thanks

Yes, if you don't want what the Phantoms do as speakers, or if you don't like the look. Though personally I would take a pair of silver Phantoms.

Anyway the Devialet amps are still excellent. They can drive pretty much any conventional speakers; functions and connectivity are good.

hybridauth_Facebook_664715932

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
chebby said:
Animesh Ghose said:

any thoughts?

thanks

are these active speakers?

say, if i was to go for the amp, what woulb be a reasonable offer, without actually offending the seller?

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
What's the recommended retail price in the UK at the moment? Around 3500 I suppose? Not sure the discount is large enough to take a leap of faith...

Having said that, I'm still very happy with my D120!*smile*

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Animesh Ghose said:
DocG said:
What's the recommended retail price in the UK at the moment? Around 3500 I suppose? Not sure the discount is large enough to take a leap of faith...

Having said that, I'm still very happy with my D120!*smile*

also xmas is on the horizon, might be tricky talking mrs into it.

What to do.............?

You just finished going through the process of finally finding a speaker that matches the amplifier and your tastes ... only to change the amplifier immediately?

You may find if you do splash out the cash on a Devialet integrated (I dont think you can get a pair of high powered Phantoms for £3k but may be wrong) without being able to listen to it first that your B&W's don't cut the mustard anymore ... :)

I can see fun times ahead.

gowiththeflow

Jan 10, 2009
Visit site
drummerman said:
(I dont think you can get a pair of high powered Phantoms for £3k but may be wrong)

The recommended retail price of a pair of Phantoms (standard White model), plus the required Dialog box, is £3029 - (£2605 if bought in the Eurozone).

£3629 for a pair of Phantom Silvers with a Dialog - (£3028 in the Eurozone).

As good as they are, I would have thought the D120 would be a big upgrade on the OP's current amp and should get the best out of those speakers, especially with SAM activated.

z

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Animesh Ghose said:
I might have to let it go for now. Apparently, i got my priorities messed up. Mrs says we need a new kitchen b'cos a few of the cupboard door are coming off the hinges. Pfffffffttt*dash1*

A D120 can do an awful lot of things! Unfortunately, cooking is not one of them...*sorry2*

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't all that impressed with the Phantoms when I heard them, but I was in Devialet's Paris showroom and it's not an ideal listening space.

FWIW - I'd still go with a Devialet Amp and your speaker preference over the Phantoms.

chris_bates1974

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
It seems that what you need is new hinges and/or doors....

A new kitchen seems overkill....

Much like it would have been had you been suggesting an entire new set-up.....

In which case your one box, and the kitchens hinges/doors seems like the ideal solution.

hybridauth_Facebook_664715932

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
chris_bates1974 said:
It seems that what you need is new hinges and/or doors....

A new kitchen seems overkill....

Much like it would have been had you been suggesting an entire new set-up.....

In which case your one box, and the kitchens hinges/doors seems like the ideal solution.

well, when i said few hinges coming off i might have sort of understated the issues. So just to maintain the household peace i might have pay a visit to my local kitchen shop before i upgrade any of my toys.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts